US$163
US$289
Hampton.com
US$180
  • Room Service
All reviewsthe rivertrain noisefree parking garagewhite castlefast food restaurantswork spacefront desk staffcovered parkingwedding weekendwithin walking distancenice perkroom keyhotel parkingshuttle stopnice staystaff was very friendly and helpfulup to date
Reviewed December 30, 2017

recently spent one night at the Courtyard Cincinnati Courtyard ... it was a quick trip home & this location was perfect for everything we had planned.

positives:
front desk staff was pleasant & efficient. we used online check-in through the Marriott app and everything went smoothly. we were recognized as Platinum & given clear choices for our amenity.

upper level room with a river/city view. loved the layout & that we could see out the window from the bed. bathroom is large & I always appreciate when the sink is outside the main bathroom area. everything was clean & in working order.

evening bar staff was courteous and served us cold beer. not much more to say about that.

appreciated the parking garage (free) in the cold & snow.

less than positive:
the trains. oh, my ... the TRAINS. I think there were 3 overnight and the noise was really off putting. I live near train tracks, so I didn't think this would bother me, but it did.

the beds aren't all that comfortable & there was an odd mirror thing right next to the nightstand that was a little freaky. I didn't care for waking up staring at myself.

all in all, it was a good stay. we would return to this location & would ask for a room away from the tracks.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

Pros:
•Clean! Let me get that out of the way first because to me it is the most important thing. Pretty clean place. I did not do the white glove test or anything but I didn’t immediately feel like I could catch something just by walking on the carpet.

•Great location: Easy to find, lots of dining choices nearby, close to I-71, right on the river (which is a beautiful, industrial view). Do not let the fact that its RIGHT NEXT TO A TRAIN TRACK worry you. The measures they have taken to insure a quiet stay really do work (double pane windows/insulation). And if you should need them, they give you earplugs.

•Starbucks. Right. In. The. Lobby. ‘Nuff said. Limited menu but it’s there. I got a White Chocolate Mocha which was delicious.

•Parking garage: For some reason, it feels safer to me to have my car in a dedicated hotel parking garage.

•Very beautiful, modern furnishings. Cute sleeper sofa. USB charging ports in nightstand. Lots of desk/work space if you’re here for business.

•Needed a roll-away bed and it was provided at no extra charge.

•Great hair dryer provided in-room! Dried my thick hair quickly and didn’t frizz it out like most cheapo hotel dryers do.

•Great shower water pressure. Rinsed shampoo and conditioner out of said thick hair with no problems!

CONS:
•The bed had to have been the MOST uncomfortable thing I have EVER slept on. Feels like I am laying on a piece of plywood with a foam seat cushion on it. (Speaking of, I definitely think that is what the headboard is!) I rarely slept for more than an hour at a time due to the discomfort of this bed. It’s so bad that I am laying here, writing this review at 4 in the morning WHILE STILL AT THIS HOTEL because this bed sucks so bad and I didn’t want to forget to tell other people just how terrible it is. To some, a firm mattress is what you’re looking for. In that case, I would say this is hotel is a great choice. But if you need soft, memory foam Tempurpedic type mattress... this place is not for you. More than once over the last few hours, I wanted to go to the lobby and complain so they would SEE the bags under my eyes and the sheer exhaustion on my face. For how much I paid for this room, I expected to be sleeping on a cloud, not a rock.

•Noise inside the hotel. It was worse than the train! It sounded like someone kept dropping 20 lb weights in the shower upstairs in the room above us. I heard this at least 3 or 4 times throughout the night and when I would manage to fall asleep, it was loud enough to wake me up. Also, the doors slammed so loudly, it almost sounded like my own hotel room door being closed every time someone in another room around us came and went.
I will say the noise from next door rooms was practically non-existent. Very quiet in that regard.

•The bathroom was very dark and depressing. This isn’t that big a deal. Get in, get out. But to some, it is important, so thought I would be thorough here and mention it.

That concludes my review. If I do speak to the front desk prior to checkout, I will update. (Say, if I get a discount for the miserable sleep or I did end up getting charged for that rollaway bed...) But at this time I will have to say that I won’t be staying here again. While I appreciate its modern furnishings, cleanliness and great location, none of that matters if I am not getting a good nights rest.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Brandy D
Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

The room and property grounds were great. The parking garage was near the hotel entrance. Also free parking is always a nice perk. The staff was very friendly. The only reason i can’t give a five star review is because of the train. I’m not sure if it was the floor or because of the room location. When the train went by it felt like the hotel was going on a ride with it. The rumble from the train woke me up two times during the middle of the night.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here while in town for a wedding. The hotel was very clean and decorated well. There was no continental breakfast, but there was food for sale in the lobby and there are plenty of fast food restaurants just outside the hotel. The staff were all very friendly as well. The hotel is on a great spot on the river, just outside the Mainstrasse neighborhood. There’s also a shuttle stop right outside the hotel. Great stay!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here as the training I was attending was also at the hotel. The room for the training was very accommodating and comfortable. The room I stayed in was also clean and comfortable. The lobby has a bistro area that serves good food and was the center of activity in the evening.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business