“Our local go-to sushi place”
Review of Sweet Basil

Sweet Basil
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Families friendly, locally owned and operated since 2006, Specialize in authentic Thai food and fresh sushi
Reviewed July 3, 2017

Sweet Basil has thai and sushi. I had the pad thai there once at lunch and it was awful. We go there for the sushi. We've been to several local sushi place and none compares to Sweet Basil. The sushi chef is an artist. Everything is beautifully plated, the fish is fresh and the pieces are the right size. After you go there a lot, they wait staff recognizes you and that's nice.

Sometimes we think we should try out other sushi places but Sweet Basil is our gold standard so we never want to take the chance.

1  Thank Marilyn F

Reviewed April 10, 2017

I had the Tofu Pad Thai. It was delicious. The restaurant is very clean and the staff is very friendly. We will be back for sure!

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

ive had this place numerous times, however the last two times were terrible and have had me searching for some place local with Thai. sorry won't be back.

Reviewed March 13, 2017

Thai owned; always has the freshest, most beautifully presented sushi; great variety of Thai food at reasonable prices. Good selection of beer and wine. Highly recommend!

Reviewed December 30, 2016

My family and I visited one of our favorite restaurants. The restaurant wasn't packed but it was getting busy. Our server took our order and luckily I told him to bring whatever comes out first because the sushi bar took forever. Normally I understand this scenario because they only had one sushi chef (with his earbuds in, no less, which did irk me a bit). However, our server never mentioned the delay, never came to check back when our main dish was served but none of the sushi. When I would look for him, he would see me and usually sprint to the kitchen and hide out. The food was great and I have no complaints about the taste, freshness or quality. My issue this time was purely service. I am extremely disappointed as I usually never have an issue with the servers. Is it too much to ask to be treated like a paying customer? Will think twice about choosing this restaurant first for our family outing.