Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Tracey B
Lewes, United Kingdom

Our favourite place

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 8, 2024
We always enjoy our visits to Horsted Place. The staff are friendly and welcoming. The new lunch menu offers great choice and is fantastic value for money.
The new decoration is very sympathetic but gives the hotel a new bright light and airy feel.
We will certainly be returning very soon.
Trip type: Travelled with family
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your review! I am delighted you like the new decoration.
  • Expedia.com
Montys
9.8 km from Horsted Place Hotel And Restaurant
15.3 km from Horsted Place Hotel And Restaurant
View more hotels in Little Horsted
All reviews scones afternoon tea portsmouth suite superior suite coffee and petit fours prince philip croquet lawn venison secret escapes deal raspberry jam finger sandwiches garden room main course birthday lunch pre dinner drinks lounge area country hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed June 5, 2024

A 90th Birthday Party for close family, paid £1200 for a Hot Buffet for 30 guests😩Food was cold and horrid, half of the guests chose Not to eat what was on offer. Not even enough to feed those that wanted to. Only a glass of Prosecco each was given and all other drinks were extortionate. No tea or coffee included. Would Not recommend to anyone. Ruined our mothers Special Day.

Room tip: Building Lovely, food awful and prices for beverages diabolical.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Adam Faries, General Manager at Horsted Place Hotel And Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2024

I am disappointed to receive these comments about your event.

I am in touch with the lead member of your family about your menu choice, drinks package and service experience. I will update my response when we have resolved our discussions. Please feel free to feed anymore information back to this family member.

Reviewed June 4, 2024 via mobile

Visited for a family event in June for a ‘private dining’ experience.

Unfortunately, I believe we would have been better served if we had chosen the Sunday lunch. This would also have been cheaper and may have actually filled us up.

The private dining consisted of 6 small plates of food, 4 of which I was unable to eat due to allergies. It was labelled as a hot buffet, but unfortunately what was served can only be described as canapés. Not enough for a grown adult for a lunchtime meal.

When the birthday cake arrived (which we had bought ourselves), we were not offered a knife to cut it, or even plates. Instead having to rummage around ourselves for some napkins. A pretty poor show for such an establishment.

The room and private bar were booked until 6pm, but at 4pm we were told that our bar server was leaving, so we would have to walk around to another bar if we wanted drinks. We didn’t need to visit another bar area as we left early to grab a McDonalds before driving home as we were so hungry.

A beautiful setting which is thoroughly let down by poor service and substandard food at extortionate prices.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed June 3, 2024

Attended my mothers 90th birthday here on the 2nd June 2024 and had booked as a family for thirty adults and seven small children,several of the guests could not make it on actual day but still paid the £40.00 a head for all guests which we had booked for which was not a problem.When hot buffett was bought out was very disappointing very little food and ran out very quickly before some guest had anything to eat asked if there was anymore was told by a very young member of staff would have to pay extra .There was in our families option not enough for even fifteen guests and desserts were no better.No management staff around to complain to and in our option lovely venue and grounds does not make up for basic food and service ,will not recommend this to any of our friends and family in future.

1  Thank Glen C

Reviewed June 3, 2024

We attended my mothers 90th birthday celebration lunch on 2nd June. What a total disappointment, having traavelled for 5 hours. The buffet consisted of asparagus tips, small boa buns, deep fried cod pieces and fried vegetables. Dessert was finger sized vanilla cheesecake and the smallest little pots consisting of 2 raspberries 2 blueberries and a strawberry topped with a swirl of cream , which was impossible to eat as you were given a dessert spoon and the pot would only enable a teaspoon into it| This so called hot buffet priced at £40 per head!! The food ran out very quickly before everyone had a chance to help themselves as like many hotels a little is put out and then topped up but when we asked if there was some more food to come out we were told that if we wanted anymore we would have to pay for it|| The young waitress was sent out to tell us this as I felt that maybe the manager was too embarressed to show his or her face. Poor show Horsted Place as this was recommended, and I would advise anyone booking to check what are you getting for your money. The venue was booked from 1pm until 6pm. but many of the party left to find somewhere to eat before returning home.

1  Thank Voyage12196517186

Reviewed May 27, 2024 via mobile

We booked a two night stay (superior room) with Secret Escapes - the deal included breakfast and dinner on both nights and a complimentary drink from the bar on night one ( I chose champagne). We were visiting a relative who lives locally. Ahead of the stay I spoke and emailed reception to book a table for ourselves and our relative each evening. This was efficiently dealt with and confirmation received via email.

The hotel and grounds are in a beautiful setting just outside Uckfield. The hotel has recently undergone a refresh so expect new carpets, soft furnishings and an updated restaurant - it felt that the refresh had a contemporary feel that worked with the history of the building.

Our room was very comfortable with a huge superking bed with good linens. The room was well appointed with tea and coffee making facilities, biscuits and complimentary still and sparkling water and this was generously replenished both days. Housekeeping was discreet and efficient.The toiletries were plentiful and of a good quality.

I think for us it was the peace and ambience that we enjoyed (we stayed on a Monday and Tuesday - it may be a different feel at the weekend if a wedding was being held). There is ample seating outside to enjoy the weather.

I have to commend the chef and their team for the food. It was really delicious and beautifully presented. If I have one criticism the wine is quite pricey…. Expect £50 for a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.

All in all a lovely stay and a great deal from Secret Escapes and Horsted Place.

Room tip: Plenty of free parking available
Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Adam Faries, General Manager at Horsted Place Hotel And Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2024

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you like our new decor. We have really tried to bring out the original features of the house.

We hope to see you soon!