Review Highlights
Volunteer born in our birthplace in Tn

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
loisaymett
Pulaski, Tennessee
very good for a small town museum

Reviewed April 22, 2018
cheryl h
Durham, North Carolina

All reviews general store lincoln room worth a visit small town genealogy exhibits admission
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well arranged starting with primitive days up to almost present day. Of major interest to me was the repro'd country store since my parents also had a country store. And you can't miss the big diamond fraud.

1  Thank loisaymett
Reviewed April 22, 2018

We've been to many small town/county museums and I usually walk out unimpressed. This one was much better. The did a very good job on their exhibits to where you didn't have to stand around reading everything. They had some very nice visual exhibits (my favorites like their country store).

We didn't have a problem parking because we arrived just as they were opening. But when we left the parking lot was full and it appeared they could use more parking. I don't think it's a good museum for young children and the ones we saw there were running wild. I don't understand why the parents allow this. They were climbing on some of the exhibits and making a lot of noise (inside the general store was the worst as the kids kept handing the toys and things). Parents, please control your young children. I love kids but they sort of ruined our enjoyment of our visit. Flash photography is not allowed inside but we still saw some adults using their flash.

The admission is free and the museum is in a historic building that was once a library. Their exhibits will take you through the county's history from the 1700s to present times.

1  Thank cheryl h
Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

If you are a history buff then seeing a local museum for free seems to be a good bet. Granted some of the stuff is on the dusty and less than attractive side. However, there are some Civil War items that are unusual such as an old wooden headstone. Also, there are some old antique country store items that are interesting to look at. The staff is friendly and it’s donations only. Do drop something in the box for these folks. Parking can be tricky there but there is a municipal lot a couple of blocks away where you can park for free. Warning-there are stairs so that can be a problem if you are in need of someplace handicapped accessible.

1  Thank jgbtravels
Reviewed January 22, 2018

As a History Major, I enjoyed the museum thoroughly. Items go back to the early settlements in the immediate area. Truly a must see.

1  Thank kodiak72
Reviewed December 6, 2017

It is difficult to park and the access isn't easy for wheelchairs or walkers. Without being insulting, I would simply say that there isn't enough at this museum to motivate many visitors to it.

1  Thank Robert P
Reviewed November 19, 2017

Elizabethtown is a small town, so I didn't think the history museum would be very big. But it has a lot of exhibits and was actually a lot more interesting than I thought it was going to be.

1  Thank dbhornback
Reviewed September 6, 2017

the history museum was amazing. And a great museum........I like the history stuff was awesomeness...thank you, Zachari

1  Thank Zac C
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

The place is full of history. Went with a friend and our kids, 2 each. Even the kids loved it. You could easily spend hours looking at everything.

1  Thank KentuckyJen
Reviewed June 6, 2017

Everyone was so helpful in finding genealogy treasures. Amazing journey through time with the museum. A must see. And the Lincoln room was so nice.

1  Thank snowclown1
Reviewed May 22, 2017

We traveled to Hardin County to learn about our family history and trace our ancestors. This museum was a total gold mine of the local history. It is very well done and worth a visit if you want to learn about the area. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Sheryl S