“Moldy and smoky smelling.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Elizabethtown

Hampton Inn Elizabethtown
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Georgetown, Delaware
“Moldy and smoky smelling.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Moldy and smoky smelling. Too many broken things in the room to list. Carpet filthy. Tried to put us in another room even though the room we requested and reserved with a credit card (and eventually got) was still available. Expect more from Hampton/hilton.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HamptonEtownGM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear ajclevel, First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel and more specifically regarding our cleanliness. I very much apologize if there was mold and an unpleasant odor in your room. I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

The staff is friendly, but this hotel is way below standard for Hampton Inn. I realize the brand isn't known for luxury by any means, but most of the Hampton Inn's I've stayed in are at least clean and comfortable. The only nice thing I can say about this room was that all the bugs on the floor were at least DEAD. What's more obnoxious is that the hotel is way over priced. Skip this one and stay in Bowling Green or Louisville. You'll be happy you did!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HamptonEtownGM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Debby S, I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip. Reading your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. We are accustomed to receiving very positive feedback from our guests and are disheartened that you did not experience the level of excellence you deserve. Please be assured that your concerns will be shared with our management team so that corrective measures are taken where feasible.

Please know that renovation of our rooms will begin on November 14th of this year. I do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again.
Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Room key did not work. Instead of apologizing, the staff member accused me of demagnetizing it with my cell phone. He gave me a new key. I went up to the room and discovered that someone's clothes and things were already spread out. I called down from the room and he said for me to come down again and get a different room. I said No; you should come up. He reluctantly agreed and gave us a room across the hall. There were blonde hairs on the phone and the bed (I have short brown hair and my wife is Asian, so it was definitely not ours). Bathroom tub slimy and not clean. Bed covers look like they had survived a war. Room was cramped and dumpy. This has soured me on Hampton Inn, I used to view them as a cut above the other chains. No more.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Debby S, Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and to make your stay is as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

We are about to remodel all of our guest rooms this Winter and get the condition of the room back to pristine. I think you will be quite impressed once we have completed this process. I do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again.

If I can provide any assistance, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Eva Jackson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

The stay was nice enough. Our room was clean, but entire facility was below expectations. Aged. Staff was friendy. Breakfast was slightly less than other Hampton experiences due to lack of quality of food and coffee. Higher price than other better Hamptons where we have stayed.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hi SeasonedTraveler21, thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. Please know that we are investing in our property and completely remodeling the guest hallways and guest rooms! Those stains you were unimpressed by will be gone, and everything will be fresh and new! I just wanted to make you aware of this so the next time you stay with us, if it is after the new year, we will have brand new, fresh, and clean accommodations just for you. I know you are looking forward to that, and I can assure you we here at the Hampton Inn Elizabethtown are looking forward to it as well. We will continue to do our very best to correct our shortcomings, using opportunities like this as lessons to be learned. Again, I wish to thank you for your time and for being our guest. I look forward to your next stay and appreciate your time. Thank you, and have a great day!
FlowerMound TX, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

room carpets were very dirty found used soap from past guest in shower with a hair stuck to it. also hair on night stand, no front desk help during check out to complain. why do I need 200 characters for a review I have said what I needed to

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonEtownGM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Hi Nicole L, I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip. Reading your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. We are accustomed to receiving very positive feedback from our guests and are disheartened that you did not experience the level of excellence you deserve. Please be assured that your concerns will be shared with our management team so that corrective measures are taken where feasible.
Georgetown DE
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

We went to Eliabethtown as part of our vacation. When traveling we usually stay at a Hampton Inn. We were booked for 2 nights at this inn but only stayed one. The room we had was in desperate need of a cleaning and a make-over. The bathroom was filthy. The rugs needed to be ripped up and redone. The only saving grace was when we explained why we were leaving, the day manager was very nice to comp us the night. We think very highly of Hampton Inns and the condition of this one was a surprise.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Robert K, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We are about to remodel all of our guest rooms this Winter and get the condition of the room back to pristine. I think you will be quite impressed once we have completed this process.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope that next time you are in town, you give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you once again for your comments.
Lockport, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

The room condition was very subpar for a Hampton. There was a funk in the hotel and the toilet did not work upon check in. The front desk, upon checking in was less than friendly. I normally stay at Hampton Inn hotels when I am with my family on the road. THis hotel may change my mind on that. While the morning staff was excellent, check in was less than one would expect. Cleanliness was severly lacking.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonEtownGM, Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Good Morning Steven C,
Thank you for staying with us recently. I want to thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton Brand. I can assure you that we are doing everything we can to get our hotel back to the level that you expect when you travel. We are about to remodel all of our guest rooms this Winter and get the condition of the room back to pristine. I think you will be quite impressed once we have completed this process. I have shared this comment with my housekeeping and maintenance staffs, and they are learning from it. Again, thank you for being our guest, and we look forward to another opportunity once we are updated. Thank you and have a great day!