“Not a bad option.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Palm Springs, California
“Not a bad option.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

I stayed here for work, the usual hotel was overbooked so I ended up here. The shuttle drivers were great and the front desk staff is good also. The building definitely shows its age though. I stayed on the third floor and the hallway smelled a bit like burnt plastic or something, not quite sure what. I was glad to find that the room didn't share the aroma. The room was clean and had a nice balcony. The TV was an older model but unlike in some hotels the signal was good, no fuzz. Breakfast was good, a decent selection of different things so you can switch it up. During my stay there was plenty of seating and the staff was nice.

My only real gripe is that the wireless internet is really slow, even with a good signal. Tethering is faster if you're getting a decent signal.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank FlyingMech

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2011

Checked in Thursday night. Place was being renovated and the paste from the vinyl wallpaper was so strong you could bearly breathe. Towels sufficient for 1 person. One double bed. Coffee maker made only one cup at a time. Showered in the morning and floor got flooded. Bathroom outlet did not work. Called front desk, "Someone will be right up". No one showed up. Housekeeping knocked on the door around 9 am and we asked them to come back later. Never came back. When we returned that night, bed unmade, wet towels from flood still in tub. No room service at all for the remaining 2 days there. Had to pick up our own towels from downstairs. One day they sent up the van driver with towels and clean sheets for us to make our own bed. HORRIBLE!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KitKatNorthCarolina
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

We checked into this hotel late after switching hotels. They were extremely booked but the front desk was very polite to us. We requested two non smoking rooms but were given one non and one smoking. The air on the smoking floor was so thick with smoke it was pretty unbearable. We were traveling with a toddler so we took the non smoking room which was nice. The bed was extremely comforable and the room a decent size. The only problem we had was the toilet that would run constantly some times and when we took the lid off which was cracked it was covered in mold. The bathroom wall paper and carpet was pretty worn, but the price we got for the room was very reasonable I thought. The breakfast was decent, there was always coffee available. When we went at 9 they were out of some things though, so i recommend going early. Good points were the pool was easy to find and a good size, the hotel is right off the interestate. Bad points Outdated and traffic was tough to get through sometimes. Also the hotel is right next door to a waffle house which was conveinent.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager026, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, 22 June 2010
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We take pride on providing a clean and comfortable stay to our many guests we serve each night. We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate your comments in helping us achieve this goal. We hope if you return to the area you will give us the pleasure of serving you again.
Medina, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2010

I recently blind booked this hotel through Hotwire for a quick trip to visit relatives. Given the low price I paid, I was not expecting much, but, with the service I received combined with the above average amenities, I was very happy.

The hotel is right off the freeway, and is a few minutes away from the airport. There really isn't much to eat around there, so be prepared to order a pizza if you don't have a car. The facility has some age, but it is very clean.

Check in went great! I checked in three hours early, with no problems at all. The desk clerk warned me that Hotwire only buys smoking rooms, so that's what they had for me. However, she was willing to let me wait and take a non-smoking room at regular check in time. I checked out the smoking room, and hardly noticed the smell, so I went ahead and took it. The room was very large, and the beds were comfortable. The television was adequate, but older. I loved the balcony, which gave me a place to relax as I had dinner.

Breakfast the following morning exceeded expectations. I had biscuits and gravy, which were decent. I would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Publius2003
GeneralManager026, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, 3 May 2010
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. We appreciate your comments and hope that if you return to the area you will give us the pleasure of serving you again.
Northern Ky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2009

We are true regulars at this hotel during the summer months. We love the front desk staff, who know us by name & feel like family to us all, but this summer the true lack of upkeeping has shown through. It is heartbreaking to say it, knowing that the fault is not that of the staff, but of the owners. Though the housekeeping could use alittle extra guidence, I think there is just not enough of them to go around.

The rooms are always nice, though a few times we have swept up a mess here or there, changed bedding, or found cleaning supplies. We do not make a fuss, maybe we should...maybe they should offer something? We love the pool area and often clean-up others messes before we leave....we should leave things better than we found it, is my motto. The rope dividing the deep & the shallow ends has been broken for yrs, should be fixed in my opinion.

The breakfast has always been wonderful, until this yr. The new man working it, has the personality of a chair. He needs to be let go and bring on someone who wants to work with the public.

All the other staff is wonderful & I adore them all. We really love this hotel & will be back many times over I can assure you.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
bethbishop, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, 14 September 2009
We really appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review about your recent stay. Any information we receive is very helpful in improving our customer service and hospitality. We appreciate your kind words and are disheartened to hear that your last stay was not everything you have come to know and love about our hotel. We are happy that you consider us part of your family and want you to know that we do everything we can to make your stay with us a home away from home experience. We are happy that you feel comfortable enough with our staff and the hotel to stay with us year after year, but we have a high standard when it comes to cleanliness and guest service and a guest never should feel that it is their responsibility to take care of cleaning a room, changing bedding or cleaning up after other guests to make their stay a comfortable one. I have had a retraining with all members of the staff to ensure that our guests never feel again that we did not provide them with the high standards of service that our guest and our company strive to live up to. We appreciate your continual business and hope that you will give us the opportunity to discuss this with you further so we can make it right for you on any of your future stays in Erlanger.
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

We wanted to spend the night near the airport in order to make an early flight the next morning. We could have spent a little more and stayed at the Mariott, and boy, I wish we had. For over $100/night (three adults), this place was a ripoff. It is difficult to access, as it is in a poor location off a busy feeder road for the interstate. The linens are tattered and stained--I have better looking rags in my garage. The room smelled terrible--even though it was non-smoking, the air was stale and fetid. The three of us found the pool to be adequate--clean enough, although not recently skimmed for bugs. Then we wanted to take showers. The second person accidentally lowered the drain stopper, and there was absolutely no way to raise it again. The third person had to shower in knee deep water. It simply had no way of raising that stopper. Airport shuttle service was provided; the van was also tattered and stained, with seat belts that had seen better days. To top it off, on our return trip, the driver listened to a highly-offensive talk radio station. A perfect ending to a perfect storm of sleaziness.

• Stayed July 2009
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
bethbishop, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, 27 August 2009
I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort that we caused. I realize how frustrating it must be to have that kind of experience and that it is below your standards. I have discussed these concerns with the entire staff and they all understand how unacceptable this type of service is. Once again please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. It is our goal to ensure all our guests leave our hotel happy and satisfied. We do hope you will come and visit us again to experience our improved service. Thank you for your feedback and I am hoping to hear from you soon so we can discuss further.
Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2009

We booked this hotel for a week-long stay over Christmas. We chose it over several other options because it was close to the 4 different homes we would visit, it was very close to both I-71/75 and I-275, and it provided free breakfast. (We planned to eat with family for other meals.)

The room was pretty much what we expected for a moderately-priced hotel - no fancy furniture or chocolates on the pillows, but relatively clean, safe and functional. We requested a room with refrigerator and microwave when we booked the room, and it was delivered as promised. The pillows were a treat - fluffy and firm. The beds were relatively comfortable. We don't watch TV, so we only used it to get morning news from CNN and local weather. The bathroom was clean and well-stocked. My only cleanliness complaint was mold on the bathroom ceiling, clearly caused by poor bathroom ventilation. The heater/A/C was the "window unit" device, and it was loud when running (typical of these units).

The staff was generally courteous and helpful. We were always greeted with a smile and friendly "hello" when coming or going. The maids did not clean our room a couple days because we were in the room until noon or later. We quickly learned to mention to them that our room was vacant and could be cleaned, which solved the problem.

The breakfast bar was typical fare - breads, cereal, juice, coffee, tea milk and a waffle-maker (our favorite breakfast bar toy!). We did not find any fresh fruit or yogurt available, which was disappointing. (Canned fruit cocktail was provided.) We remedied this problem with a quick trip to the market. An ice storm caused lots of travel delays and unexpected guests at the hotel on Dec 23. From prior reviews, I was skeptical that breakfast would be available Christmas Eve morning when we arrived in the dining area 15 min. before it closed. I was pleasantly surprised that everything was still available.

My wife used the small but functional workout room several times. It provides a couple aerobic machines (treadmill and stair-stepper) and a couple weight machines. Nothing fancy or elaborate, but everything was clean and working.

I have stayed in much nicer hotels when traveling on business, but I also stayed in worse. As a place to sleep shower and eat breakfast, it was more than sufficient for the price we paid. It is not a new hotel, but it is quite functional.

My only recommendations to hotel management - better shower ventilation (and spray the mold on the ceiling!), and provide healthy alternatives - fresh fruit, low-fat yogurt and whole wheat breads - at the breakfast bar.

• Liked — Price and location, comfortable beds, microwave and fridge in room
  • Disliked — mold in bathroom, loud heat/AC unit
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ARSailGuy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
0.3 km away
1.6 km away
Ashley Quarters
Ashley Quarters
#10 of 26 in Florence

Been to Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!