“Great Sirloin”

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Fort Wright
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed February 2, 2016

Stopped in the Texas Roadhouse since we have not visited this establishment in several years. It was a Sunday afternoon and the place was crowed but we were seated immediately. Munched down on some yummy peanuts while we waited for our food to arrived. We all ordered the 8oz. sirloin steak. It arrived hot and cooked exactly to order. I normally get a better grade of steak, ribeye or strip. I opted for the cheaper sirloin. I was pleasantly surprise by its flavor. Very good steak and great service at this Roadhouse. Recommend it.

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed December 17, 2015

I think that the cheeseburger I had was one of the best. It was very crowded, but the service was quick, friendly and efficient. I can't wait to go back.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed November 25, 2015 via mobile

Perfectly cooked Steaks with delicious side dishes. Reasonable prices and drinks that fit to the food.

It's loud there if you are from Germany and used to eating in Restaurants in total silence but I really like the atmosphere. Have been there several times and definitely would go again

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed November 16, 2015

Extended family dinner on a Sunday early evening. Dinning location was picked by others in the family. Server was friendly and reasonably attentive. Unsweetened ice tea was slightly sweetened and she kept bringing me more, promising that " this one is unsweetened". "The Blossom" deep fried onion was soggy, but the flavor was good. I ordered a half rack of ribs, sweet potato, and "fresh" veggies. Veggies were the high point of the meal, at least they were not over-salted as most of these types of joints do. I'm still wondering what the deal with the sweet potato was. It only slightly resembled what a baked sweet potato tastes like from my kitchen. Two bites and I didn't return to the sudo-potato. The ribs were very disappointing. I will say that the size of the portion was generous, but it was downhill from there. Room temp, shoe leather, generic sauce, is how I would describe the ribs. I may have eaten them all, but I'm not sure how. I asked for extra sauce in order to make them eatable.
But the most annoying part of the experience was the atmosphere and decor. On the wall in front of me was some sort of mural depicting freakishly distorted depictions of past football players from the local NFL team in some sort of bar/restaurant scene. The heads of the players were bigger-than-life and the eyes of a couple of then followed you no matter you moved to. And a note to all eating establishments: STOP SINGING HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CUSTOMERS, JUST STOP!

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed November 14, 2015 via mobile

I went with a colleague to this Texas Roadhouse around 5:30pm. There were just one or two parking spots left. Again it was full with a waiting time of at least 15 minutes, same as several of our previous visits when in the Cincinnati-Alexandria area.
We didn't wait and took the last two empty spots left at the bar. Service by the bar staff was very friendly and efficient. We just had mains, my colleague had his usual rib eye which was very good. I had the barbecue chicken breast which was a much lighter meal for me.
We had our dinner in well under one hour, and left. There were still a stream of customers arriving at this popular restaurant.

Date of visit: November 2015