Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Book In Advance
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

1,946 results
All reviews hard hat tour bourbon cream root beer ghost tour free tour bourbon trail great tour gift shop white dog barrel tour pappy van winkle bottling room third generation regular tour national historic landmark free tasting bottling area
Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

Such a great tour and a great time. It was so much fun seeing the bottling process, learning about their 200yr history and definitely he samples!! Great stop even if your just passing through

Reviewed February 17, 2018

As part of our Bourbon Trail Experience with The Kentucky Bourbon Boys, we were hooked up (thanks, Tim!) for the E.H. Taylor Tour, Bourbon Pompeii. We had another couple join us, as well as Tim and his friend, Dave, who had ridden along with us for the day. Our tour guide was Fred, who as we came to understand from the other distilleries, was a third generation Buffalo Trace guy and could tell us everything we wanted to know about the place. Their property here was also gorgeous and I wished I'd brought my DSLR along for the trip, despite the dropping temperatures, cloudy skies and drizzling rain. The tour we took was a bit more in-depth about the history of the place and all the master distillers who had called it home. We got to see the inside of E.H. Taylor's house and view a room of experimental bourbon's from over the years.

Then, we were able to see the space that was destined to be an event space, but upon construction, was discovered to have been the home of two original buildings from way back when. They're in the process of uncovering the old foundations and I imagine will make it a really cool space in the near future.

They must have thousands upon thousands of barrels aging in the rick houses and the smell was amazing. I could've stayed in there forever.

For the tastings, they had four types to choose from - you could pick two to try. One was a vodka. I don't remember which two I had but I enjoyed them both. At the end, everyone also was able to sample their "Buffalo Cream" which is like Bailey's, but better. We got to put a splash of root beer in it and it tasted like a heavenly adult float!

They had a very nice visitor's center as well, and upstairs in the tasting room you could view their vault of bourbons from throughout the years. That was really awesome to see. If you go, which you should, ask for Fred as your tour guide!

Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been through Jack Daniels a few times, Woodford Reserve and now Buffalo Trace...I must say I like the old distillery. Woodford was modernized. I feel bad that I didn’t have time to tour and will have to come back. I was a little disappointed that more specialized spirits was not available to purchase however I understand why.

Great selection of items in a wonderful old building that houses the gift shop. Love Eagle Rare especially 17 year aged that I will have to search for in a liquor store here in TN.

All in all I am going to have to return!

Reviewed February 14, 2018

I live local but had never went on a tour.I was very surprised with their tour, great looking grounds and free tastings and very informational. Great Tour

Reviewed February 13, 2018

First of all, I don't even drink, but this was one of the best tours I've ever been part of. We did the free tour they offer - no reservation needed! We did go on a Saturday, so the group was very large (not sure what it's like during the week). Our tour guide gave us a history of bourbon, the facility and how bourbon is made. He took us around different buildings on campus including a storage warehouse and a bottling room. They also have a short video. To top it all off, they finish up in the gift shop/bar area and offer a few tastes of their bourbon (and root beer for those under age) at the end of the tour! Overall, we were there about 90 minutes total. I definitely recommend this distillery if you have to choose only one! It's the oldest company still in the bourbon business, and that's pretty significant! They have a Hard Hat Tour that gives you more in-depth info and a close-up experience to the bourbon process. We want to try that out next time!