“Nice.”

Capital Plaza Hotel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Frankfort
Reviewed 22 August 2017

The hotel is nice. Lyn at the front desk was amazing!! She went above and beyond to help my daughter and I check in. The room was clean and bug free! Only downside was the bed was lumpy and the bathroom really does need an exhaust fan. The refrigerator had so much ice build up the door wouldn't close. We are hoping to come back to Frankfort in the fall and I will stay there again. I also appreciate the fact there ARE smoking rooms available.

Room Tip: when booking through expedia make sure to check smoking or non smoking room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I will share your wonderful comments about Lyn and I will make sure she knows you appreciated her efforts. I will also check on that bed and refrigerator and make sure that the problems are fixed. Look forward to seeing you again in the fall!

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Friend and I stayed here while doing the 600 mile yard sale. Very clean, friendly staff, great check in, great breakfast, comfy beds and pillows. Very satisfied with our stay here. Would be a great place for business meeting or social events.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank s w

Thank you for feedback on your recent stay. We do enjoy our 127 Yard sale guests. I do appreciate the wonderful comments on the room and staff and I will share them with everyone. Hope to see you again next year, if not sooner!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed at Capital Plaza while on a short vacation. The whole experience was wonderful. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Most important to me was the clean comfortable room. We had a great time at Capital Plaza.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay here. We do appreciate the feedback! We are so glad you enjoyed the hotel and service and I will share your comments with the staff. We do hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights. All was excellent from our check in to check out. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The hotel is clean and comfortable.
Our room was clean and a good size.

We ate in the bar area on both nights. On the second night, due to our vehicle breaking down and having to wait 4 hours for the breakdown vehicle to arrive we didn't get to the hotel until 10.20pm. The kitchen closes at 10pm. The bar manager very kindly organised a meal for us. We were deeply appreciative. Above and beyond service.

The breakfast buffet is varied and well stocked. Homemade fare is always good. Again the staff were friendly and efficient.

Will definitely stay again next year.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was so helpful to you. I will share your comments with them. Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your stay. We look forward to seeing you again very soon whenever your travels bring you the Frankfort area.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Nice old hotel ,clean rooms, nice staff. Great breakfast buffet style. Little dated but nice. Would diffently stay with again.Has a bar/ restaurant in lobby area. Beautiful water feature in lobby as well. Lady playing a piano in lobby Sunday morning when we checked out. All and all a nice place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for the feedback. Hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Stayed here for two nights recently, while attending an area conference. Immediately liked the location right across from Kentucky River and the beautiful walkway along that river. The staff were all very friendly from the front desk staff to the restaurant employees. My room was clean, fresh and comfortable. I visited the bar both nights where the staff was friendly and attentive. Also enjoyed a hot breakfast both days, once again receiving outstanding, friendly service ! Plenty of room to lounge around this hotel, inside or out, with free underground parking, and a 5 minute walk to the old down town. I would definitely stay here again should I have the pleasure to again visit Frankfort.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you for the feedback. I am so glad to hear that your enjoyed your stay and I will share the wonderful comments about the service and friendliness with the staff. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again any time your travels bring you to the Frankfort area.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

It was 6 couples which stayed @ Capital Plaza. We all agree the rooms was nice an clean, rooms has Refri & Microwave. They give us a voucher for breakfast, which was good but, didn't consist of any meat.! Pancakes, biscuits & Gravy, cube potatoes & Oatmeal (added items to put on it) The other side had Bagels & breads to toast.Hot Coffee with flavors of creamers. Some Hotels have paperwares, but Capital has Plates! Everything was Good!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfort
4.5 km away
6.6 km away
Best Western Parkside Inn
Best Western Parkside Inn
#2 of 10 in Frankfort

Been to Capital Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!