US$98
HIExpress.com
US$125
Home2.com
US$119
Best Western Parkside Inn(Frankfort)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$134
Fairfield Inn
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$55
All reviewsroom was cleanroom servicebuffalo trace distillerydowntown frankfortfree underground parkingolder hotelrates were reasonablebusiness meetinglobby areakentucky riveryard saledecent hotelconvenient locationwould definitely stay here againbiscuits and gravynice staffbourbon trail
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I got married last week at Buffalo Trace and almost a year ago booked our block of rooms at the Capital Plaza because of its proximity to downtown area, the distillery and the complimentary shuttle service. Sounds great, right.... Problem was from the very beginning the hotel made every conceivable mistake possible. Messing things up such as: Having the wrong number of rooms for each guest (as many as 4 for someone who only booked 1 or 2), having the wrong number of nights for guests, having an inconsistent message when guests tried to book and confusing them to the point of absolute frustration. Worst of all they overbooked the hotel and never told us until 2 months before the wedding, which was a problem because we had over 100 guests coming from long distances who all of a sudden had no guarantee that they had a place to stay. The cherry on top of this sundae... The hotel management, who I had voiced my displeasure with said they would try and alleviate the issue by helping cover the cost of the shuttle we had to provide for our guests after we relocated our entire block to the Fairfield Inn (which was a great place, by the way). After trying numerous times to follow up on the offer to cover some of the shuttle cost and being completely ignored by the sales coordinator, I just gave up. So we never stayed there, but given the attention to detail leading up to what would have been our stay, I'm doubting that it would have been an enjoyable experience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Nicholas P
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

This is an older hotel. The location is pretty good though as you can walk to a lot of the worthwhile attractions in Frankfort...Buffalo Trace is a little over a mile away.

Restaurants downtown are also a short walk which is an asset if you are partaking in bourbon tasting while here.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Thank you for the feedback on your stay. Our hotel is an older hotel, but it is built extremely well and we are always making updates to our décor such as our recent updates to rooms and carpeting. I am so glad you saw some of the attractions of downtown, it is what makes Frankfort special. Thank you for the comments and we do hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

So I booked this hotel based upon the reviews online from other Travelers. I will say when I arrived I was surprised and skeptical as to if I had made a mistake. The hotel appeared to be a white concrete Fortress that I could not figure out where to park to unload the car and navigate traffic at the same time.

I found it very confusing where to park to check in and unload the car. If you do book here it is the canopy that is near the street that does appear to be the backside of the hotel that's actually the front of the hotel.

We wound up driving around to the other side of the hotel pulling into the parking deck and unloading from there which was a little sketchy in itself but maybe I'm just being a snob.

Once inside the hotel is nice and the staff works diligently to keep it clean and maintained. But the hotel itself is out of the way about 4 miles from the freeways but is conveniently located downtown if you're here to see the attractions in Frankfort or the capitol.

The view from our room was of an abandoned courtyard and state municipal buildings that are in the process of being torn down not the hotel's fault but I was surprised with this.

The staff was friendly and made us feel welcome.

I encourage you to give them your business but be aware of the hotels quirks prior to booking. For the price I easily overlooked the quirks.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I am so glad to hear that the staff made a great impression on you and I will share your comments with them. I am sorry you had difficulty navigating the parking. We have tried to add signage, but I can understand the problem you had. We do hope that you will stay with us again any time your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed August 29, 2017

Great hotel. Clean, large rooms. Bed was excellent, clean, and great pillows. Slept like a rock. Great breakfast and free with ticket they give you at check in. Very convenient
to great eating places, and park where some evenings they have music and events going on. We truly enjoyed our stay. Staff was great at check in.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bsogar

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I am so glad that you were delighted with the location. There is so much to see in downtown Frankfort and we are happy to assist in any way we can. Hope you enjoyed your boat trip back as well. Hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Downside: They share the parking garage with the City of Frankfort, which doesn't maintain it well at all. Brings the whole place down. Once inside, the staff is friendly the commons look good, and the rooms are spacious and comfrotable.

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank theoldpioneer

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry about the parking lot issues, but I am happy to report that there will be changes in the garage very soon. I did appreciate your nice comments on the staff and I will share your feedback with them. We do hope you will visit us again very soon.