“A big improvement”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2016

It had been a while since we visited Oasis and we were pleasantly surprised when we went back in mid-April. It was a busy Saturday evening but we were quickly seated and presented menus.

The menu had been updated with some nice additions. We ordered grilled crab cakes as an appetizer which were good, followed by a salad with grilled chicken and coconut shrimp, both of which were excellent.

Our waiter, James, apologized for a [brief] delay in bringing our entrees, and actually told us he had sent back the sweet potato as he felt it was overcooked (actually, burned) and it was quickly replaced.

Service was fast and friendly and the food was very enjoyable. We'll stop here next time we're passing through Franklin, KY.

Reviewed April 26, 2016

They have the best blooming onion!! and the hamburgers are the best !! very clean, fast sevice, friendly employees. I recommend to everyone

Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

My husband has lived in Franklin all his life and never tried this place, but I finally talked him into it. We started with the loaded cheese fries (which is one of our favorite appetizers, so we try it everywhere). Just like all the other reviews said, their fries are nothing special - even with cheese, bacon, and ranch. We'll have to try that Big O next time instead. They also had soft, fresh rolls that were great.

I ordered the [cheddar] cheeseburger with onion rings and pickle. The burger was slightly crispy on the edges, but you could tell it wasn't just a frozen patty. Quite good. Onion rings were good and the pickle was actually spears, not chips.

My husband got the chicken tenders with green beans and onion rings, and he said all of it was great. He also got the margarita, which I tried a drink of. Quite good. Stout too.

If it weren't for the cheese fries, I'd give it a 5.

Reviewed April 16, 2016

great variety, full bar, friendly service, short wait time. Outdoor dining offered as well. Worth the drive, easy access from interstate

Reviewed April 3, 2016

Our intention was to go to the Cracker Barrel after stopping to get gas. I was walking the dog & spotted this place & saw that they had outside seating so we opted to give them a try. Glad we did. It was very good & they offered half & full portions. What a good idea. Sometimes we like leftovers, but not when we're traveling. We both chose half orders & it was more than enough food. I had blackened catfish & my husband had the tilapia. Both dishes came with two sides. Very good & reasonably priced. The wait staff was friendly & obliging. I asked for decaf coffee. My waitress brought me some, but it really wasn't very good. I mentioned it to her & she promptly made a new pot & it was so much better. Not sure when we'll be in Franklin KY again, but if we do get there we'll stop at the restaurant again.