“Good Home-style food”
Review of Hot Plate

Hot Plate
Ranked #8 of 55 Restaurants in Franklin
Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

Ran across this place while on a trip from Nashville to Louisville and my wife and I really enjoyed. We took advantage of a daily special-2 meals for $11.99. Each meal included choice of 1 meat and 3 sides along with cornbread or biscuit. There are 4 meats to choose from (we both got the meatloaf) and a large variety of sides. Everything tasted fresh and was well prepared and we finished by sharing a piece of homemade chocolate meringue pie. It was the type of place we really enjoy finding on the road and you know it's good by the large number of local patrons that are there.

Reviewed May 28, 2016

This is a local restaurant that offers daily specials with some of the best pies you can find. The prices are super and you get plenty of food.

Reviewed March 15, 2016

this is a place where mostly neighbors come to eat small town where everyone knows each other the service is good very fast service good clean friendly place now the food is awesome pinto beans cornbread and onion,mac and tomatoes,loaded potatoe salad,i haven,t eaten anything that wasn't great the homemade pies are out of this world so if you want some country cookin in a clean family place try hot plate in franklin ky

Reviewed March 1, 2016

Great food at a great price! Just home town food without frills. I had the fried chicken greens, and butter beans. My husband had the grilled porkchops and three sides. Large portions. Only con was no pepper sauce for the greens, just vinegar. All this food under $20!!!!

Reviewed February 28, 2016 via mobile

I don't want to knock this place, we had breakfast it was ok, this is definitely a local place. I had nanas big breakfast, it was good but it was nothing special. If you are in the area hit it up, don't go out of your way as we did. Staff was decent, but it took 1/2 hr to 45 mins to bring out eggs bacon and sausage, in not a very busy environment, also a local walked in about 20 mins after we sat, and he ordered a western omelette that was brought to him the same time our order was brought out, and actually the waitress dropped his plate on the table before she dropped ours. I may be picky, but come on, first come first serve!!! They do however have my fav sweet tea luzianne.

Been to Hot Plate? Share your experiences!