“GROSS”

Asian Royal Buffet
Ranked #70 of 104 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Super gross. Should have negative stars. The whole place is gross and I hope I don't get a disease. Couldn't make myself go in the bathroom. The food was old and gross. The whole place is dirty. It used to be just okay, was hoping it got better but it is more like disgusting now. Have been up and down all night feeling ill. Looks like a flea market at the register also. What were they thinking? They don't have a clue.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We have been going to Asian Royal since we moved to the area several years ago. Probably ate there once every month or two initially. Sushi was good, but we especially liked the frog legs. We have gradually reduced our visits because like one of your reviewers said it was "hit or miss" and we started experiencing too many misses. I think the last meal we will have there was this past weekend. It was terrible. The sushi had sat out so long the rice was swollen where it had absorbed all of the moisture, but still had time to dry out. The frog legs were small and dry. I usually get wonton soup. I found three wontons that hadn't turned yellow yet and put them in my soup. While preparing the soup, the manager came over and scooped up some of the old ones and put in a take out carton. Sorry for whoever got that order. There was also no raw bar. They frequently had mussels on it but none this night. As we checked out, their credit card reader was down and I was told by their delivery driver (as he ate dinner on the counter) we would have to wait fifteen to twenty minutes to use a credit card. We paid with cash and left probably not to return. Our thought is the quality started to decline when they started the takeout business a couple of three year ago or so. Too much activity going on.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

This restaurant can be "hit or miss" at times. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it isn't. If you get there early, the food on the buffet is good and hot. The hibachi grill is the was to go!

Reviewed 5 April 2016

It was very good food we had delivered to our hotel. It was hot and fresh. They had all of favorites and at a great price.

Reviewed 30 March 2016

The food was good. Good variety of options. reasonably attentive staff. Not FANTASTIC, but certainly good.