Review Highlights
Real island experience

Simon Leblanc offers a great and sincere tour of the traditional Acadian lobster fishery at great... read more

Reviewed September 4, 2023
Bruce J
What a great little tour with local history!

We went on a great little tour of the Tusket Island group by Simon, a local who grew up living on... read more

Reviewed August 19, 2023
MKJLR
Canada

All reviews seafood chowder lobster fishing tusket island nova scotia his guitar wonderful tour live music highly recommend this tour return trip boat trip great food beautiful scenery lobster industry fun experience special afternoon local specialty tour takes
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2016

I went on the Tusket Island Boat Tour on my birthday.I am a handicapped person and I had no trouble at all getting on or off the boat.The tour was very informative on the way down and lots of fun on the way back.I would recommend this tour to anyone who enjoys being on the water as well as taking in the beauty that surrounds you.It really exceeded my expectations.

Date of experience: August 2016
2  Thank 19,812,016
Reviewed August 1, 2016

Although we are from this local area, and it was our first time on the tour, we had a very informative few hours with Lucien LeBlanc and his crew. We learned a lot on this tour, rich in local history, with the very friendly crew. Lucien owns the boat we were on, and fishes lobster from it for 6 months of the year. We had a simply perfect day, sunny, calm and warm! We had live music on the way home when Lucien whipped out his guitar and entertained us with his singing. The LeBlanc brothers are a very talented bunch! I would definitely recommend this tour for anyone. Even locals! We had people from NB with us, who loved it as well, it was absolutely a great experience! Lots of fun!

Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

This is a must activity is you are visiting the Yarmouth area. The Tusket Islands are not only remarkable but full of history. Lucien was the most amazing host ever. I really enjoyed all the stories he told us about lobster fishing..the acadian history..the tales of the fisherman at sea..and so much more. The seafood chowder was so delicious and you have to try Chad's Captains special while you listen to some great live music. I cannot believe I only paid $80 either!
Thank you so so much Lucien and Chad for being such heart felt hosts and such a fun great day. Def one of my favorite excursions for sure.

Reviewed July 30, 2016 via mobile

Tusket Island Tours does a great job of sharing the history of lobstering and the Tusket Islands in an entertaining and personal way. The chowder was some of the best we've had and the musical entertainment for the trip back was awesome. A must do sightseeing trip.

Reviewed July 26, 2016

This is a must see!!! A real slice of the local life in Nova Scotia through the eyes of a lobster fisherman. You gain a huge appreciation for the hard work, dedication and danger the lobster fishermen have to endur, and a must see if you want to know all about where your lobster dinner comes really from. If you don't already know, it's not that little tank in the restaurant.

In addition to a tour and history of the lobster industry, which is reason alone to go on this tour, the scenery along the way, and especially at Big Tusket Island, is stunningly beautiful.

And if that is not enough, you are entertained on the way back by Simon, whose salty repertoire of Nova Scotia ditties will delight you all the way.

Loved it...you will too.