Review Highlights
Real island experience

Simon Leblanc offers a great and sincere tour of the traditional Acadian lobster fishery at great... read more

Reviewed September 4, 2023
Bruce J
What a great little tour with local history!

We went on a great little tour of the Tusket Island group by Simon, a local who grew up living on... read more

Reviewed August 19, 2023
MKJLR
Canada

All reviews seafood chowder lobster fishing tusket island nova scotia his guitar wonderful tour live music highly recommend this tour return trip boat trip great food beautiful scenery lobster industry fun experience special afternoon local specialty tour takes
Selected filters
Reviewed August 15, 2016

A hidden gem in our own backyard! The captain and crew are amazing! An absolute must do!! Thank you for an amazing day!

Reviewed August 14, 2016

What an enjoyable time we had going to and coming from our tour of Tusket Islands. Though it was "tic-o-fog", it didn't deter from the amazing boat trip, captained by Lucien LeBlanc. Simon LeBlanc, our MC provided us with a wealth of history and information about the area and supplied toe tappin', hand clappin', musical entertainment.
Though intentions were to serve the seafood chowder outside that Simon had prepared that morning, the weatherman didn't want to cooperate so we all went inside the sea shanty to partake of this delicious delight along with crackers, fresh rolls and refreshments.
A very picturesque, fun filled experience that we thoroughly enjoyed and would recommend to anyone who might be contemplating a boat tour.
If you plan to be in the Tusket/Wedgeport area during the summer you definitely must make a point of signing up for this tour.....guarantee you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed August 12, 2016

I went on the Tusket Island Boat Tour on my birthday.I am a handicapped person and I had no trouble at all getting on or off the boat.The tour was very informative on the way down and lots of fun on the way back.I would recommend this tour to anyone who enjoys being on the water as well as taking in the beauty that surrounds you.It really exceeded my expectations.

2  Thank 19,812,016
Reviewed August 1, 2016

Although we are from this local area, and it was our first time on the tour, we had a very informative few hours with Lucien LeBlanc and his crew. We learned a lot on this tour, rich in local history, with the very friendly crew. Lucien owns the boat we were on, and fishes lobster from it for 6 months of the year. We had a simply perfect day, sunny, calm and warm! We had live music on the way home when Lucien whipped out his guitar and entertained us with his singing. The LeBlanc brothers are a very talented bunch! I would definitely recommend this tour for anyone. Even locals! We had people from NB with us, who loved it as well, it was absolutely a great experience! Lots of fun!

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

This is a must activity is you are visiting the Yarmouth area. The Tusket Islands are not only remarkable but full of history. Lucien was the most amazing host ever. I really enjoyed all the stories he told us about lobster fishing..the acadian history..the tales of the fisherman at sea..and so much more. The seafood chowder was so delicious and you have to try Chad's Captains special while you listen to some great live music. I cannot believe I only paid $80 either!
Thank you so so much Lucien and Chad for being such heart felt hosts and such a fun great day. Def one of my favorite excursions for sure.

Date of experience: July 2016