Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2018

Lone Pine Lodge is a set of fishing cabins about 7 hours out of Minneapolis (for those fly in). The cabins are pretty good for Ontario. They have a fridge, stove, microwave, cookware, silverware, an outdoor grill and satellite TVs. The beds are just OK though. The location is fabulous and sits right between the two lakes. The boats nice with flat bottoms, depth finders, a trolling motor, a live well and a 50(!) hp motor. You get down the lake pretty quickly. Adam at the lodge is great.

We loved the fishing. It was great. Ontario's laws are a bit messed up on Walleyes right now, but we ate well regardless.

We will be back.

Room tip: Get the standalone cabins. Sharing a wall (ala cabin 2) with another group is less than stellar.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Flyer31764015247, Manager at Huber's Lone Pine Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2019

Hello,

Glad you had a great time at our lodge this past year. We plan to have a few of our mattresses replaced which should provide more comfortable sleeps in the years to come. Thank you for following up with a review, this will help us provide a higher level of customer service going forward.

Cheers,
Adam

Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

I have been taking Canadian trips for Musky for 30 yrs straight. I have been to many lodges and lakes. Typically i like to do the same lodge and lake for at least a few yrs. Gives you a good chance to really evaluate the lodge and lake.

I dont expect 5 star lodging when fishing Ontario. What i do expect is a clean cabin, a working kitchen and plenty of cookware, also a gas grill is a must. Huge bonus is Hubers have air conditioners in all cabins. They are old but they generally do the job. They also have tv with satellite . Honestly I wish they didnt have the tv's I have taken my kids a couple of times and its like home trying to get it turned off.

I have gotten away from American plans as I am typically fishing through dinner times. I find my fishing schedule does not match up with most lodges meal times.

I have been stayng at Hubers now i believe 2017 will be my 8 straight year with 11 years on this lake chain. Every year I consider trying a new spot only to come to the same conclusion. I am not going to find any better Musky fishing anywhere and as I get older throwing big baits in deep water has lost its luster. Topwaters and spinnerbaits with some bucktails is all you need. Last year my boat put 25 skis in the boat. In the last 5 years i have been averaging double digit catches with a couple of 52's to boot. There are giant fish living in this area of the lake.

Wabigoon/Dinorwic can have a real negative effect when the big west winds blow. The water on the east side turns to coffee. Literally 1 foot visibility is all you might have. This is another reason Hubers is a great choice it sits in the channel between lakes. You can always find cleaner water.

This lake and resort does not get the publicity like LOW or EAGLE. Actually i would like it kept that way. This lake is a gem for those of us that fish it.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank David M

Hi David,

Glad you have come to appreciate what kind of fishing these two lakes provide. We are very thankful for your loyalty throughout the years and look forward to having you back. This year we will be serving food in the evenings from Monday to Friday and the meal times should be more flexible to allow you more freedom to Hook into big muskie and not miss out on a meal while doing so. Thanks for your review, this helps us to provide a higher level of customer service going forward.

Cheers,
Adam

Reviewed March 6, 2016

Huber's Lone Pine Lodge is first and foremost a lodge for fishers who want to catch Walleye, Jacks (Pike) and other game fish in this case on the Wabigoon chain of lakes.

However, Huber's is somewhat unique in that their restaurant is open to the public on a daily basis from May to September. Each year they bring in a chef from Germany to prepare the meals.

Beef Dishes such as Rouladen, Rinderbaten and Sauerbraten served with potatoes, spaetzle or red cabbage are the real deal. The Bavarian Bratwurst is my favorite Sausage partly because I know they are home made.

The decor is almost other worldly, i.e. straight out of the Bavarian Alps with a touch of Canadian wilderness. And if you are fortunate you might get to hear Manfred play the genuine music box during dinner. Music is German as is the beer. On top of that one of the son's owns a vineyard in the Okanagan Valley and it is the only place where you can get the wine in Ontario.

Room tip: This is not a hotel review but for the Restaurant
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank noronwe
Reviewed September 1, 2015

These are rustic fishing cabins. The stove and fridge were in good condition, the pots, pans, and dishes were an assortment. Dead bugs in the silverware drawer. The hot water had a potent sulfur odor. Everyone buys bottled water in town. The old tube TV had minimal satellite reception. The a/c mounted in the wall had no cover. The only meal served was dinner, did not meet expectations. The lone waiter/busboy/info guy was overstretched and apologized repeatedly. The best meal of our stay was the shore lunch prepared by the guides. The boats were old and well worn, with 50 hp motors, but no trolling motor that worked, no anchor, no compass. The fish finders were well-worn, difficult to see even the depth reading. The bilge pump didn't work on one boat we had. The first day of fishing with a guide yielded 2 walleye and a perch.

Room tip: Shop around. There are other lodges in the general area.
Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank Karl D