“Oh. My. Goodness. Get the Empanadas!”

Old San Juan Cuban Cuisine
Ranked #90 of 981 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Cuban
Description: Homemade Authentic Cuban Food
Description: Homemade Authentic Cuban Food
Reviewed November 9, 2017

Great little AUTHENTIC Cuban restaurant over on Surfside. My husband lives for our trips to Florida so he can get REAL Cuban sandwiches made with REAL Cuban bread. He was in eighth heaven after one bite! He also loved the plantains. I love the Chicken Empanada. SOOO flavorful! And the lady running the place was so kind and sweet.

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

Picked up two Cubanos and an side of fried green plantains. Wonderful and authentic food. Two people could split one Cubano and have plenty to eat but they are SO good I would fight somebody for one.
It's basically a toasted ham and cheese but saying that is an insult to this sandwich. Wonderful white bread, ham, pork, cheese, super mustard and pickles; it is a sandwich worthy of the gods. The plantains are merely perfect: a little tart but sweet and cooked just right. Delicious food in a homey atmosphere. If you can't get away to Little Havana just head on over to Surfside Drive.

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

The food here is better than the Cuban food I've had in Miami. The tripleta was awesome. The picadillo was top notch. I found myself going back 2 days in a row. It is a must see in Lexington. A hidden gem.

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

I've had to come to this place 2 days in a row. Tomorrow will be the 3rd. The tripleta was better than any tripleta I've had in Miami. Yet I find myself in Lexington Kentucky. The picadillo was fantastic. This is a hidden gem in Lexington Kentucky. A must visit.

Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

My hubby and I had dinner here last night. The food was so amazing. My husband is not a fan of black beans but he ate every single bite. He said they were the best he ever had. The service was spectacular and our order was on our table in minutes. The owners were so welcoming and the prices were great. We will definitely eat here again if we find ourselves back in Lexington.