New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hilton Lexington Downtown

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #14 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Syracuse, New York
“Good hotel, decent restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

I stayed for three nights, and ate a couple of times at the Triangle Grill. This is a good place to stay if one is here for business in the downtown area. Otherwise, I suspect that the beauty of the place lies in its rolling hills and horse farms, which one doesn't get to see in the concrete of the downtown area. The hotel itself is quite well maintained. My room was right next to the elevator, so I had to put up with miscellaneous creaks through the night, and the window of my room would groan suspiciously whenever the outside winds would batter it. Other than these minor annoyances, I was very well pleased with their service and cleanliness. The hotel has a decent restaurant of its own and is located quite near some of the well known restaurants in Downtown, like Cheapside and Deshas. 15 minutes from the airport, and the hotel does a complimentary shuttle.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Thanks for taking time to write about your stay while in town on business. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and loved our food in the Triangle Grille. Your compliments will be passed along to our staff. Come back and visit us soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Vacaville California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Booked this hotel mainly for the location.....as we were going to the UK game the next night. Was very easy to get to. Paid the extra money to upgrade to the executive floor and I believe that was well worth it. Appetizer and drink reception in the evening was very good, breakfast in the morning also was very good. The room was nice, the sleep number bed did not work that well. The control on the one side was very hard to change the number. We went to DeSha's for dinner one night and it was pretty good. I guess since we were there in the week it seemed a little deserted. Once people started showing up the following night for the game it felt a little more like downtown. If I was going to a game again....I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Thanks for the great feedback. I would suggest next time try the Triangle Grille restaurant for dinner before the game. The restaurant is located in our lobby and serves contemporary American bistro cuisine. We look forward to serving you again.
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We enjoyed our stay over a weekend night at the Hilton. The rooms were clean and comfortable, staff was pleasant, and the restaurant was fine. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose and even numbered room (not overlooking the park) the reduce traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your weekend stay with us. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

The bed was great, the staff was great, my suite was huge and immaculate and I just love everything about this Hilton. Jared at the front desk was great and the wait staff in Blue Martini were excellent. I will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor, so next time I'd ask for a higher floor, but it was quiet so I didn'...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
You love everything about this Hilton. What a great sentence! I will pass along your praise to our staff and especially to Jared and the Bigg Blue Martini crew. Come back and visit soon!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in January while attending a seminar. I was overall pleased with my stay. The bed was comfortable, my room was clean, and the breakfast was really good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Great to hear you will be a return guest! I will pass along your compliments to our restaurant and housekeeping staff. I hope your travels bring you back to the Hilton soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Very nice hotel in every aspect. However, the windows are not sound proof, and with a hospital nearby, the ambulance sirens wake you up fairly frequently. Nice bar area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking time to give us feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed the Bigg Blue Martini bar in our lobby. Sorry to hear you had noise issues from the street during your stay. I hope you will stay with us again.
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

Sadly enough this is my second stay in in 3 months ar this physically mice facility, where rooms are comfortable, but the noise in the corridor does not let you sleep anyway. They have the sleep number beds, wish I could have been able to try it but it was broken. The auto climate control in the room was also broken, so I wall all night putting my swetshirt on and taking it off, which it was not a big deal since the outside noise did not let me sleep anyway.
As a diamond member of Hilton, I am a sucker for returning, will try the Hyatt next time

• Stayed January 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
I'm extremely sorry for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay due to noise and your sleep number bed not working properly. Thank you for letting us know about your visit. Please contact me I want to make this right.