“Pretty average bar food but worth a visit...”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Cellar Bar & Grille
Ranked #264 of 969 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Description: We are sports bar and grille. We have over 30 TV's, a kids game room, a private dining room that holds up to 16 and 120 seat patio
Reviewed July 20, 2016

Extensive menu with a lot of selection of bar type food. Some good... some average... Seems there should be something there for everyone.

Reviewed July 2, 2016

My husband and I ate here with two friends, and we all ordered the Cellar hamburger. I ordered it medium rare, but it was pretty medium. The fries came with it, and they were just ok - not too warm, and could have been cooked a little longer. On the plus side, the number and quality of beers on the menu was fantastic The wait staff were very nice, and responsive. There was a band, but they moved inside because of the threat of rain. The evening turned out to be nice, cooler than normal, no rain, and great atmosphere.

Reviewed May 1, 2016

A group of friends regularly meet there prior to going to the local Philharmonic. Completely separated and good food.

Reviewed March 30, 2016 via mobile

CBR fries are delicious. They are qualified for the best economical meal in the world. Everyone was attentive and the food was great.

Reviewed November 17, 2015

What a nice little hidden gem! We went during a UK football game, expecting to have to wait for a table. We had 14 people and were seated within 5 minutes. There were TVs everywhere. The noise level was pretty high because of the game, but we could still talk to each other. The menu is quite extensive for a pub type sports bar. The prices reflect the upscale offerings, so don't expect a cheap meal. The portions are good though, especially the kids' meals. I think my daughter's meal was about $6, and it was every bit as large as my meal. My only complaint about the food was it was a little bland. I had the lobster bisque, which was almost sweet. I also had the shrimp and grits. The shrimp had a small sprinkling of Old Bay but the grits were almost tasteless. Everyone else seemed to enjoy their food. Our low spot was the server. I know that being a large party, it can be difficult on the server to be super attentive, but there were times that a lot of our glasses sat empty and we didn't see our server for probably 10-15 minutes. Most of our non-eating time was spent waiting to place our orders, waiting for refills, waiting for the checks, etc. Regardless, I would eat here again. The atmosphere was great for watching sports - enjoyable but not rowdy. The menu is large enough to try out a lot of different things.