“Try the Fries”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a nice evening here and really enjoyed the food. The fries with their four dipping sauces were great, as were the lamb sliders. The corn dip was also worth getting. Service was solid, but not especially friendly. Definitely worth stopping by if you're in Lexington.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a small spot downtown Lexington. The service was good and the food was very good. Not the normal fast food menu but it did have a few standards for the kids. Our entrees were very good. They have IPA beers as well as some standard brands. Also a variety of whiskeys and mixed drinks.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

August 30th

I found this place by chance. I was searching for another place but my GPS had me way off course. It's the best happy accident in some time.

I walked in and I was greeted by Zak. Let me tell you about this guy. He not only knows his food, but he is a well traveled trotter. I asked him for a top notch meal and h delivered.

The Food
Get the "Korean Fried Chicken Sandwich" - he said. I never looked back. This tasty treat was perfectly cooked. This tender piece of bird was only outdone by the Korean BBQ sauce. I was half way done before he was able to refill my drink. My only regret was not ordering two!

The Fries
Look, not going to lie. I love my fries - and these were top notch. However it wasn't the fries that took it over the top. It was the made in-house smokey ketchup! My gosh this was amazing. They had other dipping sauces to sample - but I wouldn't dream of it. I found my love.

The Atmosphere
Love the place - the brilliant white exterior stands out in the dark night. Plenty of outdoor seating primed for people watching. Inside the bar had a rustic feel. It felt like my home court.

If you were to ask me the must see place in Lexington I would have just one answer, The Village Idiot!

Thank you Zak for the great conservation - the knowledge and the best damn sandwich around!

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

We ate here with in-laws after visiting spots on the Bourbon Trail. We decided to order and share everything and the server was very accommodating. Highlights of the food were the fried cauliflower, duck and waffles, and the striped bass. All were delicious. The cocktails were good and refreshing. Two food items were lackluster (not bad), and the service was on the slow side. However the manager comped our entrees 50% without us asking. Overall a great experience!

Reviewed August 28, 2018

The mussels were excellent. Well cooked and very tasty. Decent beer selection and the service was great. A little expensive but worth the money.