“Best Salad Bar in Town.”
Review of Village Host Pizza - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The pizza isn't too flavorful, in my opinion, but the salad bar is the best in Lexington. Variety, lots of option and a great deal for lunch!

There are newer reviews for Village Host Pizza

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Let me start by saying that I am not the greatest fan of pizza. Why? Because most of it either tastes like cardboard or something so unbalanced (too much cheese, too much sauce, too much crust, too much FAT) that it becomes just another boring experience, same as any other. . Usually after eating a pizza I feel "fat-ladened". For the most part it appears to me that Americans are not in the know about this wonderful Italian import or they are so used to what serves as pizza in this country they simply don't care. Finger food is just that finger food. Good, bad or indifferent. Well, let me tell you that the pizza served at this Lexington eatery is light years better than anything I have ever had. I was (literally) nearly blown out of my seat. On a rather warm Saturday noon we ambled into this restaurant located on one of the more interesting side streets downtown with no expectations, but we had heard that they had good pizza. First, came the beer. What a nice assortment, many on tap and chilled just right for a warm summer day. Service was friendly and attentive. We ordered the Margherita pizza, largely because of its simple ingredients. BUT, they have to be fresh and of high quality and the crust has to be thin and just so. (See Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray Love for a full description of a Margherita pizza.)
When it arrived I remembering saying to myself, "Ok, just another pizza. Nicely presented and interesting." At the same time I noticed beautifully colored olive oil which had been judiciously drizzled all around. The first bit: thought I had died and gone to heaven. I called over the manager and asked for specifics. What;s the crust, what's the cheese, what's the olive oil. Simply put, it was the real deal. Light, delicious, flavorful, exceptional. We almost ordered another (just like Elizabeth Gilbert). We have to admit that we have not tried another variety, but I can assure you that will be back to this restaurant. We left very happy. No heavy feeling. Just a feeling that life is good.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I've tried this place maybe 5 or 6 times, and the service is almost always terrible. It takes forever to get your food and ticket. If you do eat here, get the salad bar. Pretty much serve yourself, and you can buy it as a one bowl or unlimited.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Friendly servers, great salad bar, very kid friendly - fun trivia night - nice bar staff- fantastic.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

We have been to Village Host several times. When we took our two little ones a month or so ago, the waitress brought out two dough balls and small rolling pins so they could roll out their own pizzas (very clever and kept them happy and quiet!) We've also gone with a large group twice and were given the private room. This made it very easy to hear everybody in our party. The food here is the best- honestly...really wonderful! I always get the Margherita Pizza and my husband gets the ribs. Hey says they are the best he's had and my pizza is always very flavorful! Thanks Village Host!

1  Thank JMBeauchamp