“Boring”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I have never liked this place and it is an old school pizza parlor. They do have tv's for games but I wouldn't go there for that. Family friendly and have a great salad bar... that is it.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Nothing spectacular, but decent location and the menu was fine. Would go back- but it wasnt life changing.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We took our son and his wife for dinner there one night and had four salad bars, one pizza, an order of wings, two bar drinks and two soft drinks, and our bill was over $100. The salad bar is, without question, the best in town, but $8 is a lot for a salad to go with a pizza. The pizza was very good. I like the thin crust, and given the fact that we ate wings and salad, that was a good thing!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

The pizza isn't too flavorful, in my opinion, but the salad bar is the best in Lexington. Variety, lots of option and a great deal for lunch!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Let me start by saying that I am not the greatest fan of pizza. Why? Because most of it either tastes like cardboard or something so unbalanced (too much cheese, too much sauce, too much crust, too much FAT) that it becomes just another boring experience, same as any other. . Usually after eating a pizza I feel "fat-ladened". For the most part it appears to me that Americans are not in the know about this wonderful Italian import or they are so used to what serves as pizza in this country they simply don't care. Finger food is just that finger food. Good, bad or indifferent. Well, let me tell you that the pizza served at this Lexington eatery is light years better than anything I have ever had. I was (literally) nearly blown out of my seat. On a rather warm Saturday noon we ambled into this restaurant located on one of the more interesting side streets downtown with no expectations, but we had heard that they had good pizza. First, came the beer. What a nice assortment, many on tap and chilled just right for a warm summer day. Service was friendly and attentive. We ordered the Margherita pizza, largely because of its simple ingredients. BUT, they have to be fresh and of high quality and the crust has to be thin and just so. (See Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray Love for a full description of a Margherita pizza.)
When it arrived I remembering saying to myself, "Ok, just another pizza. Nicely presented and interesting." At the same time I noticed beautifully colored olive oil which had been judiciously drizzled all around. The first bit: thought I had died and gone to heaven. I called over the manager and asked for specifics. What;s the crust, what's the cheese, what's the olive oil. Simply put, it was the real deal. Light, delicious, flavorful, exceptional. We almost ordered another (just like Elizabeth Gilbert). We have to admit that we have not tried another variety, but I can assure you that will be back to this restaurant. We left very happy. No heavy feeling. Just a feeling that life is good.