“Much worse than average.”

Tachibana Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #126 of 1,019 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2018

If you want to pay a lot of money for sub-standard sushi this is the place for you! Add to it really poor service and it makes for a completely miserable experience. I did not expect really great sushi in Lexington and I was not disappointed! Save your money. Get a can of tuna fish!!!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 5, 2018

Good service, even better food, very casual atmosphere. Lots of menu options. Was an enjoyable evening.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 26, 2018

I seldom go out to lunch and spend $18, but it was a special occasion with friends. We did the grill experience. All food was good, but the reason for my rating is that I was asked how I wanted my tenderloin, and I replied "rare:", but I get medium.
I know they cook all the steak together, however, you can pull off some ahead of other, just like they do when someone is getting a different meat.
Everyone else ordered medium rare, but what we were served was medium. There was not a sign of pink anywhere to be found in any of our servings.
When those small chunks of steak are cooked to that point, the become fairly dry and tasteless. I guess that's why they have their sauces. Sauces on steak is not for me.
If I had been by myself, I would have asked for a redo.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

Atmosphere was nice and our servers were very nice. We were checked on often to ensure everything was acceptable. The Fried Oyster appetizer was very good but the rest of the meal was only average. We had one version of Udon Soup and the and a steak and rice dish. Both dinners were average in regards to flavor. The beef was a bit over cooked which caused the beef to be a little on the tough side. The prices were reasonable along with good portions for the price. In short, it’s ok but won’t beat the door down to return. In fairness we only had a small sample of the menu so there is the distinct possibility that other dishes are very good but our experience was ok.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful Japanese restaurant. Best takoyaki I have ever had- even in Japan! Many small plate items allowed us to share and sample may items. Apparently this restaurant began 30 years ago when Toyota opened its plant nearby- they brought Japanese chefs.

Date of visit: May 2018