All reviews uk campus hi express front desk biscuits and gravy an upgrade free breakfast rupp arena comfortable beds staff was very friendly dq hospital proximity cereal thermostat microwave
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

This is the 2nd time we've stayed here and it is a great place. The rooms are comfortable and clean and have great lighting choices. The bathroom is very roomy. The staff are friendly and effecient. The breakfast is pretty good with lots of hot and cold items. There is fresh fruit, good coffee and great cinnamon rolls.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2017

Convenient for University but not really walkable to Downtown. Staff OK but not overtly friendly or helpful. Room and Breakfast good, up to what you expect from HI Express.

Major, and I mean ,Major, criticism is the noise from freight trains on nearby track. My wife was awake from 12:30am through to nearly 06:00am due to the noise - many long, noisy trains. There must have been some gaps but just as she was about to doze off the next one trundled by.

I mentioned this to the lady as we checked out. I didn't sense that she was that interested.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel, away from the rail tracks.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Sarah M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. I apologize that the location didn't work for your needs and that you were disturbed by the train. We appreciate your loyalty to the Holiday Inn Express brand and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

This hotel was the perfect location as I could walk every day to the University of Kentucky. The street was very busy on the walk but I could make it in about 15 minutes. The hotel is excellent and clean. The staff is very nice. The desk is excellent and large and it is very thoughtful to have a additional chair in the room. Thank you.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

Typical Holiday Inn Express. Okay experience but a couple of inconveniences. During breakfast the front desk clerk was in charge of servicing the breakfast bar. I watched three people ask him to restock certain items - but he just sat at the desk. He wasn't checking anyone out and did not otherwise seem busy with other job demands so that was disappointing. Also it looks like they vacuum the carpet and sweep the tile floor but I walked to the breakfast bar in my socks and when I returned to my room the bottom of my socks were black with dirt so I don't think they mop the tile floors or shampoo the carpet on a regular basis.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Sarah M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your most recent stay. I am so sorry to hear you did not have a great experience at breakfast. I will certainly address this with the staff to find out what happened so we can ensure it doesn't happen again in the future. We appreciate your valuable feedback and hope to see you again the next time you are in Lexington so we can show you this is not typical of our service. Thank you again!

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Location is great for University Of Ky. events, less so for interstate travelers. It was clean and modern. The collegiate location was less than peaceful, though. Comfortable, with a nice staff and good breakfast. Good choice if you want to be near campus.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends