“OK~maybe?”

El Malecon
Ranked #640 of 946 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 August 2017

My Mexican Husband thought this place was good; I thought the Menu would have something that my kids could eat; no it was not a place to take kids.. exp. if they don't like weird food with the eyes attached; my kids just kept saying over and over, Ewww Dad how can you eat the shrimp with the heads on it.. if you are looking for tacos, don't go in here.. go to the Mexican Super Market next door for the BEST street tacos EVER>>

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

I went at lunch time. They were not busy and the food was very good. Different than your normal Mexican restaurants. The rice was more authentic . It was very tasty. I will eat here again. Super fast, nice and fresh.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

my experience was very nice and i was very pleased and surprised on how good the food was the service can have some work to do but other than that i was amazing very fresh and good selections of Mexican beer

Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

It was a rainy night, my stomach a I were on the hunt for, something, we didn't know what...when off to our left the El Malecon caught our attention. Through the blur of the window the once fast food restaurant looked cozy, warm and dry. My stomach and I decided to git it a try.

We were greeted by the owner with a big friendly smile. The interior was just as inviting as the exterior. Clean with a nice balance of brick and wood plank flooring.

Classically decorated balance of Sea creatures and Dusty Trail, accenting the fares of the menu of generous portions of surf and turf.

Specializing in seafood, the owner graced me with a sample of his shrimp soup. A plump fresh shrimp doing laps in a tomato based broth.

I ordered the Chicken fajitas off the turf menu and I was not disappointed. A very generous portion of juicy chicken breast tangled in a mix of red, green and yellow bell peppers. The right amount of onion accent within the mix gave the handmade corn flour tortillas a mouth watering Fiesta to wrap around.

Not conservative with the tortillas like most restaurants; with the generous portion sizzling on the plate in front of me all 5 tortillas found their way out of their aluminium foil cocoon.

Washed down with, what the owner called, a Jamaican tea. With was a central American plant steeped and poured over ice. It reminded me of a cross between a green tea and a tart fruit. Very refreshing and good for your kidneys I was informed. Well, I'm all about health, so fill me up Garson!

It was an enjoyable experience and I recommend El Malecon for a unique and authentic dining experience.

I am coming back to dig into some seafood!

Reviewed 24 May 2015 via mobile

Great food. Sea food is their speciality. Looks and tastes fresh. Service is slow a little but overall a good place. recommend.