“Nice facility” 4 of 5 bubbles

Courtyard Lexington North
Ranked #31 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
“Nice facility”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Found a coupon in the Room Saver guide that you can pick up at a KY welcome center or rest area. We were just stopping for the night and the hotel was a few miles off of 75 but we decided to try it anyway. The hotel was beautiful, especially for the price we paid. The only thing was our room was on the 3rd floor and the elevator was out of order but it wasn't a major issue cuz we only had one overnight bag. Hotel did not offer free breakfast in the morning but did have a small bistro. A little pricey for breakfast but quite good. Staff was very friendly. Overall I would recommend this hotel especially if they get the elevator working =)

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

very good courtyard hotel with an updated lobby and large rooms. standard as these hotels go, but much better than other courtyards i've stayed at recently. staff was very friendly and check in and check out was easy and fast. will stay here again if passing through lexington.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

Always love staying here! The location is close to everything yet tucked quietly away from the hustle and bustle. Love it here!!

• Stayed January 2011
Chennai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

I travelled to Usa from chennai india durng mid of this year and stayed in the said hotel. It is a nice place to stay and enjoyed staying there. It is ofcourse a businee trip. But I felt as if I stay in my home town the staff are very courteous and very polite in nature

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed a weekend this fall while visiting Keeneland and doing some antiqueing. The room was clean and the hotel, including the lobby, has been remodeled/updated. The workmen were doing some exterior painting and re-keying over the weekend.

We've stayed at this location several times over the years and are always greeted warmly by the front desk and find it generally quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Russellville, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

We arrived for our prearranged late checkin.... we had to ask for valet parking...they parked the car but no one helped with our luggage....
when we got to our room,,, it was a conference room,,,, how do I know,,, the bed was a fold out double bed from the wall.... the TV was on the far wall... and small for the room.
No bedside table,,,, just a lamp in the cabinet,, and the door opened bedside the bed... awkward.... the bar was crowded and LOUD...
would not recommend .... really??? a FOLDOUT bed....

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

My wife and I have been going to Lexington to visit the Kentucky Horse Park since 1997, and during our 30 or so visits we have stayed at many hotels in the Lexington area. Since around 2004, however, we have generally stayed at the Courtyard North, and we stayed there on both of our Lexington visits this year.

I am one of the world's worst sleepers, and have had terrible nights at many hotels because of road noise. The Courtyard is one place where road noise has not been a problem for me, as it sits away from Newton Pike, and is screened by a hill from much of the noise of New Circle Road. By getting a non-connecting room that faces the courtyard, I give myself an even greater opportunity to get a decent rest. I also find that the Tempurpedic memory foam mattress is conducive to a good sleep. Tempurpedics are very comfortable, and any movement that is made by one person is not transferred across the mattress to the other person.

The king rooms that my wife and I get are a good size for us. In addition to the bed, there is room for a sofa and a desk, so we have adequate room to spread out. In contrast, when we stayed at the nearby Fairfield Inn last year, the double queen rooms did not even have room for a sofa or a casual chair, and there was inadequate space for luggage.

I also think that the service is very good there, as they have a number of employees who have been there for years. Jennifer and Lashanta are two that I have gotten to know from my many stays, and they are always willing to help me get the room that I want, and resolve any issues that might arise during my stay.

Finally, Marriott has taken steps to maintain the hotel property over the years. The lobby was just redone in the past 12 months, and the Bistro was added as part of that process. In addition, when I was there earlier this month, they were fixing all outside plaster that needed repair, and were then repainting the outside.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-connecting room facing the courtyard, as they are extra-quiet.