“Clean, comfortable, newly remodeled.”

Days Inn Lexington Southeast
Ranked #48 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Newark, Delaware
“Clean, comfortable, newly remodeled.”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Staff was courteous and friendly, check-in was a breeze. Room was clean and comfortable and met my standard of making me feel like I was the first person to stay in this room. Would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hazard, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 November 2010

I had a Dr's app so I came a day earlier and decided to stay here. The check in was fast and the friendly. Rooms were clean and he decor is pretty look at, it was quite, could not hear noise from other rooms or from interstate. Plenty of hot water, Bed was comfy as well. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 July 2010

The hotel itself is not truly horrible. The scary stairwells and dark lit breezeways are. You must use these to get ice or up or down the stairs. It's the same cheap $50-60 hotel you could expect off the interstate, but the decor is not too bad. Skip the complimentary breakfast(your stomach will thank you) because you also get a microwave and a fridge. It is fairly quiet in mornings, however, you will be awakened because even if you refuse service from the maids vocally, they will come back repeatedly or attempt to enter the room. Fitness center is actually small room with bike and treadmill. Also located in scary dark breezeway. The area appeared safe, but while I was there a young lady was robbed, assaulted, and stabbed there. There are no cameras anywhere on the outside of the lobby or entire property so please use at your own risk!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank travelconeja
Portland OR
Reviewed 24 May 2010

There are several things I don't understand about the more positive reviews of this property, but the foremost is "convenience." I don't know how you could get any further from the Interstates that serve the city and still be in Lexington. Getting here was a complicated adventure and when we got here, our GPS (which we had ignored to follow the motel's print-out guide) turned out to be right. The shortest route was to get off the freeway about 10 miles west of town. The motel is also tucked inside an offstreet business/retail complex that requires you to use your imagination to guess which little parking lot entry will lead to the next parking lot entry that will lead to the motel.

I agree with Hawk67 in this regard: "When we first arrived at this property, I was less than impressed - Entry looked like a side door - and was not automatic - made navigating with luggage difficult...". He liked it much better when he got inside. We liked it only marginally better. The rooms are large but furnished like a Days Inn would have been in 1993. In fact, walking in I was convinced that this was a Days Inn that had been flipped after it failed. The room has had some heavy use and it shows in tell-tale ways- burn marks on the bathroom Corian, loose and broken tiles in the bath, sag-spot mattresses, and a plastic deflector on the H/Vac unit to keep it from setting the curtains on fire in winter. The tacky faux wood plaster lamps that characterize the decorating scheme don't help.

The nearby resources, including an excellent East Indian restaurant (Masala) and Liquor Bar would mitigate my irritation except that with taxes and the fees for our two dogs included, our bill for a single night is $168. Neither does it help that we had driven in from a superb Comfort Suites in Mt. Vernon IL that was $15 a night cheaper on the base rate and charged $25 less per night for our pets. So much for being good value for the money.

Frankly, the Choice Hotels organization needs to consider changing this property to an EconoLodge and dropping the rates accordingly.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 17 May 2010

I just popped in here for one night driving accross country. I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room here.
Highlights:
- Very clean
- TV had lots of cable channels (not the usual 10 channels you get in motels)
- Bed was very soft and comfortable (not the industrial, bed of nails most motels give you)
- 3 miles down the road is a large commercial district full of restaurants.

Lowlights:
- the continental breakfast is juice and cheap pastry's. Dont bother with it.

Verdict:
- Makes for a very nice 1 night stop. I was very satisfied with the level of comfort offered by this 2 start hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Sparta, MI
Reviewed 19 September 2009

We stayed on August 18th 2009. We got there quite late after having driven from Virginia Beach. We checked in late, and it took FOREVER to get checked in. The service desk was S L O W!
We finally got our room. I was very disappointed by it. The bed was as hard as a rock. I would have been more comfortable sleeping in my car. (It may have been quieter too!) There were several (presumed) ladies of the evening running up and down the hall on our floor, making a lot of noise. I was NOT comfortable leaving my car outside. However, being exhausted, we took the room for lack of options.
We got a couple hours sleep. The elevators are slower than molasses in January, and VERY OLD. The hotel in general seriously needs updating.

About an hour and a half after we checked out, I realized I forgot my pillow in the room. I immediately checked the receipt and called. The ASSISTANT MANAGER assured me they would send my pillow home COD. (I figured we would be out a few more days and my pillow would be waiting for me when I got home.)
I have had this pillow for many years and do not sleep well without it, the case on it is also part of a very expensive set.
3 days upon returning home, I called again about my pillow. They still had it and were going to ship it soon. They like to let a pile build up and mail all the things at once. Understandable, but not making my sleep deprived brain very happy.

2 more weeks pass. I called again. The nice receptionist stated that it got returned. I said "NO, it didn't I have never gotten it!" Then she checked the name - and she had the wrong person. She then stated that the Assistant Manager was at the post office mailing everything right then. She then checked in the back and said "OH MY GOD! It's STILL here!" And continued on to tell me that she would PERSONALLY ship it to me that day when she got out of work.

(At this point I am weighing the gas option to drive from Michigan to Kentucky to get my pillow and kick someone's butt)

TWO - not ONE but TWO call's to Days Inn corporate, who faxed the manager to tell them to return my item. STILL I have nothing. Not even an apology!
Today's date is September 19th, and as of yesterday - 1 month from the date of my stay, my pillow was STILL there, and I think they have NO INTENTION of returning it.

As a business owner, and former hotel front desk clerk, I can assure you this is not good business. Oh and if anyone is traveling through KY on their way to Michigan, please GRAB MY PILLOW and BRING IT HOME!!!

PS - I will NEVER stay at a Days Inn again. And neither will anyone in my family. Heck, I may never visit Kentucky again. Don't even get me started on Bob Evans.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Seekers_Parties
Alabama
Reviewed 17 July 2009

I booked room online from Days Inn website. There was an offer for 10 more dollars to have a recliner in the room. After a long drive I thought I would give myself a treat. I could work on my laptop with my feet up. The hotel did not have it. In fact when I asked the desk clerk he said none of the rooms had it.. They could not change the price.

The motel was nice. Good location just outside of Lexington. I was not worried about my car in the area. The one thing that was scary and needs to be said for people with children is that “Gentleman’s Club” is right beside it. It looked like a high class joint with men in 3-piece suits going in and standing at door, but the ads on the building were not family friendly. I would worry if one of the female workers were outside for some fresh air.
There was an Arbys across the street and a couple of gas stations that were very clean as well.

Beds were firm and the curtains were very thick. If you move it right the light from outside could not get in. The only light in the room was from under the door and the peep hole.
Breakfast was awful. I was there for 2 days and both mornings were a joke. You were offered cold corn flakes with no milk, apples that were bruised and few doughnuts (4) that were days old and hard as a rock. I believe it was one that they had just so they could advertize they offered breakfast. ( I felt sorry for anyone who was up after 6:30 AM and thought they were going to get something to eat.)

The workout room is a closet with a tread mill and a stationary bike in it.

The price was not too bad since it was located between the two places I need to be. They should get a better breakfast bar and put a tall wooden fence up between the strip club.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business