“Next to Gentlman's Club”

Days Inn Lexington Southeast
Ranked #48 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Alabama
“Next to Gentlman's Club”
Reviewed 17 July 2009

I booked room online from Days Inn website. There was an offer for 10 more dollars to have a recliner in the room. After a long drive I thought I would give myself a treat. I could work on my laptop with my feet up. The hotel did not have it. In fact when I asked the desk clerk he said none of the rooms had it.. They could not change the price.

The motel was nice. Good location just outside of Lexington. I was not worried about my car in the area. The one thing that was scary and needs to be said for people with children is that “Gentleman’s Club” is right beside it. It looked like a high class joint with men in 3-piece suits going in and standing at door, but the ads on the building were not family friendly. I would worry if one of the female workers were outside for some fresh air.
There was an Arbys across the street and a couple of gas stations that were very clean as well.

Beds were firm and the curtains were very thick. If you move it right the light from outside could not get in. The only light in the room was from under the door and the peep hole.
Breakfast was awful. I was there for 2 days and both mornings were a joke. You were offered cold corn flakes with no milk, apples that were bruised and few doughnuts (4) that were days old and hard as a rock. I believe it was one that they had just so they could advertize they offered breakfast. ( I felt sorry for anyone who was up after 6:30 AM and thought they were going to get something to eat.)

The workout room is a closet with a tread mill and a stationary bike in it.

The price was not too bad since it was located between the two places I need to be. They should get a better breakfast bar and put a tall wooden fence up between the strip club.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Ron_Taxi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
US
Reviewed 19 May 2009

For starters I can’t figure out why, at the time I write this, the place is ranked #9 in Lexington area. Maybe the other TA users see thing very differently then I. But Days Inn at #9 should make you think (it was #4 when I reserved the room). I wish I did. Either Lexington has just a few nice places to stay (very doubtful) or this is an exceptional Days Inn (uh huh).

The check in was great; fast & friendly. The room was not bad either; the carpet was newer, it was clean, though it showed its age here and there. And that where it ended:

The beds are not very good: the mattress is build for longevity and to survive abuse, not for support. The foam pillows are hard. In the sink we could only get very hot or cold water; could not make it work to get just warm to brush teeth. The fridge is a nice touch, but it is also noisy. Soundproofing is non- existent, so bring earplugs (we did, but still got woken up) if you do not wish to know what is going on next door.

Breakfast? Skip it, unless you want doughnuts or oatmeal. The area is also very small and shares its space with the reception. Three small tables, packed tightly together.

Our biggest issue was noise; people revving endlessly their bikes at 2 in the morning and doing the same thing at 5AM. For what reasons I still have not figured out. Also people sitting on the sidewalk, blocking the pathway while drinking beer is not right.

The DI also has 24 hours cancellation policy (before 4PM), so by the time we checked we already paid for 2 nights. If not, we would be out of there the next morning.

The problem here, IMO is management. Or lack thereof. All of these issues (noise after 10, beer drinking on the sidewalk, etc.) can be resolved. But is the resolve there? Not during our stay.

Would I stay here again? No, under no circumstances and the $55 we paid was $55 too much.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Hamilton, ON
Reviewed 13 March 2009

I stayed here on March 6th for one night. It was the right price for my budget (under $60 tax inc) and in a convenient location near the I-75. The room was a small no frills kind of room but very clean and exceedingly comfortable. There were tons of big fluffy pillows and the bed was great. The front desk staff was competent and fast with our check-in and out. In the morning they had fresh coffee and danishes set out for the guests.

Overall this was a steal. I wouldn't recommend for an extended stay due to the small room, but if you are looking for a stop over spot or a weekend of shopping - this place is where you want to be!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank EJ81_ON
near St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 9 December 2008

This is a very nice newer hotel just off the Interstate. It is very clean, the rooms are very nicely equipped with a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker. It is a little far from downtown but has a very nice area in which to take walks and a nice park very close by. There are a couple fast food restaurants nearby and a "gentleman's club" but we have never had a problem there. The people who run it are very, very nice and accomodating. They accomodate pets! Finally, it is very moderately priced.

• Liked — very nice staff
  • Disliked — a little far from downtown
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wbppgb
Curacao
Reviewed 30 October 2008

Our stay at the days inn Lexington south was great! From the moment we arrived until we left the staff was very caring and welcoming to us. Our room was spacious and everything in it worked. The beds were always made up and very clean. When we had problems with our toilet they immediately came and fixed the problem and told us that it was the new toilet paper they ordered that caused the problem because it was so thick. The breakfast was ok but I would've liked seeing some warm options like eggs or bacon. All in all a great place to stay for not that much money!

• Liked — It was close to allot of the things we wanted to do.
  • Disliked — Said it had a gym, but that's not even finished yet.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 16 October 2008

I stayed at this hotel for three nights in Sept. and when I needed to return, I didn't even bother looking at other hotels. The location is great, right off I75 south of Man O War.

The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, the rooms have fridges and microwaves, expanded cable, the desks in the king rooms are large enough to actually work at, and the wifi worked flawlessly.

I asked for a ground floor room because I had a lot of stuff to carry in. There are no interior corridors here, but as a single woman traveling alone, I was not at all worried and felt very safe during both my stays. The 'questionable' business nearby mentioned in another post is a gentlemans club, but it didn't degrade this hotel, in my opinion.

The continental breakfast was limited, but they have a small lobby and that was to be expected.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Liked — location of the hotel and room comfort
  • Disliked — not a thing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Rapunzll
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 25 April 2007

Overview:
I stayed at the Days Inn Lexington South for 1 night earlier this month--April 2007.

First Impression:
It's your basic roadside motel, two stories with stairs. Nothing special, but not bad. There was a police car parked adjacent to the lobby the entire time I was there, I didn't know what that was about.

Location:
The motel was very easy to find off of the Interstate. You're in the outskirts of town with nothing exciting around, but downtown was only about 10 minutes away down the same road the motel was on. The area seemed pretty quiet and safe.

What's Nearby:
There was another hotel on one side, a Waffle House across the street, and some sort of Gentleman's Club on the other side. I love the Waffle House, but if you wanted to eat anywhere else you'd have to hop in the car for a short ride.

Lobby:
The lobby was very small and plain with no atmosphere and smelled of stale smoke when I checked in. There were a few tables for breakfast.

Staff:
The young man who checked me in was not rude, but he made no attempt to be friendly or welcoming. I asked him for suggestions for tourist attractions and he said he had no idea what was around there--that seemed strange. He never smiled or seemed to care that I was there. The older man who was on duty when I checked out also wasn't very friendly, but oh well.

Check-in/Check-out:
Check-in was quick and efficient, no problems, as was check-out. I was given a first floor room facing the front, very close to the lobby, as I requested.

Room:
My non-smoking room was fine--old furnishings and everything was well worn, but it was clean and fresh smelling. It was decent size, but I could tell it hadn't been renovated in years. Nothing to rave about. My room was very quiet and peaceful at night.

Parking:
There's tons of free parking right in front of your room.

Breakfast:
The continental breakfast was minimal but toast and juice was adequate for me and I appreciate having a free breakfast anyways. I could sit and watch the morning news before starting my day.

Price:
I paid about $48 for my room, which was about right. This hotel is clean and safe, which is all I ask for. But there are no special amenities or perks so anything more than $50 would be too high.

Problems:
There's nothing much around the hotel (well there's the Gentlemen's Club), so I felt a bit isolated. The lobby was pretty plain (I love a comfortable, warm, nice lobby!!!). There's no pool or business center for checking Internet. Staff didn't go out of their way to be helpful or friendly. The worst part is at breakfast the older man working handled the doughnuts with his hands, transferring them from their box to the serving dish without using tongs. He had been working behind the desk, then began handling the doughnuts without washing his hands. I'm not a germophobe or anything, but I thought this was gross. There also could have been a more expansive breakfast selection.

Conclusion:
Tis was a stopover for me as I passed through Lexington. The Super 8 was clean, safe, and pretty comfortable for a low price. But there was nothing special in terms of amenities, customer service, location, or convenience. If you need a room for the night, it's fine, but beyond that just keep looking.

Please email me if you have any questions about the Super 8 Lexington South please email me, JenPerna@aol.com.

• Liked — Low price, easy to find off interstate, clean, safe neighborhood.
  • Disliked — Staff was not friendly or helpful, nothing much around, minimal breakfast.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled solo