All reviews room was clean and comfortable discount coupon gondolier cons refrigerator
Reviewed October 16, 2017

This was our first experience at staying at an Econolodge on our 3wk holiday in the USA from England, and what a comfortable 4 nights. This hotel is smart, clean and wellcoming, from the minute you register to when you check out. The manager and his daughter were very helpfull, chatty and engaging.
The continental breakfast is the best we have had,and the domestic staff very efficient with cleaning our room.
The covered pool was a bonus as we needed to chill for a few days before heading back to the uk.
We were able to use a discount coupon which helped with the room costs,but would be happy to pay full price for the quality

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Amrutp, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2018

We thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

For the last 5 years we stop at the Econolodge on 105 melcon lane London KY for a night on our way to a family reunion. The short male at the front desk is rude and place is filthy.
The front Desk was confused checking us in as we had 4 rooms. Good thing the other young lady was great and figured things out.
We got into our rooms and AC was not on and was hot as can be. Had to kill a big roach in the shower, there were hair on the shower walls and woke up with 4 bug bites on my back and one on my arm.
My sister in law had to move due to lots of hair in their shower and the door won't close.
My other sister in law also had to move because the AC won't work.
The same front desk tried to give her the hair filled broken down door room which when she refused , this guy told her that the broken door should not matter to her because she was by herself and did not need to close the door!
We checked out and room rates were charged to wrong family members. That we can be ok with but it was how the same front desk guy went about it.
When I told him that one of the room may have been charge wrong .. he immediately said that he does not know what I am talking about because they do not change rates in the system. I told him to pull the reservations and he refused to do so. He did not care at all. I told him about the bug bites and he was not sympathetic and said 'we clean our rooms everyday".
If they did clean, then there should not be hair in my shower walls and a roach need not be there and a filthy desk chair need not be there.
When I told him I was going to report them, he said he did not care how so ever I wanted to do it! Each year this place had really deteriorated. Last year we sat on the lobby couch filled with red ants.
Never again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank CMarie L
Reviewed July 10, 2017

We stayed for a short night (5 hours) on our way to Cincinnati. It was fine for what we needed. I gave it 2 stars not as a negative, but as a simple fact; It's a 2 star hotel.
Pros: The bed was surprisingly comfortable. Firm, but not hard. Check in was easy.
Cons: A good cleaning would do wonders; I wouldn't use the shower . I think that says it all.
The hotel's computer system didn't work correctly with Booking.com and only booked one room, instead of two. I tried to fix the reservation, but the clerk couldn't understand me (accent & poor English) and vise versa; Booking.com fixed the problem for me.
The AC wasn't in use on the second floor (hallway) so the air was unbearable. The AC took a very long time to cool down our room, as well.
The grounds were NOT as well maintained as the picture shows. And while I realize that's a very small thing, it made the hotel look "sketchy".

Stayed: July 2017
Amrutp, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Thank you so much for Responding online, we hope to see you back again.

Reviewed April 23, 2017

After reading some of the reviews, I was a little concerned, but I had enough points where I could get a free room and decided to give it a try anyway. The room was clean and comfortable, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, computer desk with swivel chair and a 42" flat screen TV. Wifi worked better than any motel I've stayed at. We had a pet room ($10.00 pet fee) and usually pet rooms are not so great, but there were NO stains on the carpet and no bad odors. The grounds, lobby, and hallways were clean. Breakfast was usual hotel stuff. Biscuits and gravy that wasn't very good. Pastries, fresh fruit, toast, cereal and waffles and some other stuff. I had no complaints at all and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Amrutp, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2017

Thank you for your review, we hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

So my family decided to stop there for one night on the drive home from Myrtle beach. We booked with expedia. After driving 9 hours (last 2 with a screaming 9 month old )we were looking forward to a quick swim/hot tub and then bed. It was 10 o clock. Upon arriving my husband found out that the pool/hot tub was closed down and the frustration showed on his face. The pool/hot tub was the only reason we picked this hotel. So after pulling all our luggage, toiletries, baby's packnplay out we walked in. The woman at the front desk came running around took a look at myself, husband, 14 yr old, 6yr old and 9 month old and rudely said in front of a lobby full of people she needed to talk to us outside where she said we werent welcome to stay at the hotel we already paid for because she didnt like my husbands attitude. He apologised saying it had been a very long day and she said she didnt care, we weren't staying and to get out. So our entire family had no place to sleep and no way to get a refund at 10 o clock at night. I felt totally discriminated against as a canadian and felt that was the real reason she was so rude. Im just glad we didnt stay there since so many other comments mention bed bugs and how dirty the place was.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Amrutp, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2017

Thank You For Thaking The Time to Respong To Our Online Survey