All reviews stayed here front desk indoor pool traveling home remodeled recently ice packs the sofa bed waffles large room cable tv sausage fitness room hotel room would stay here again looked nice very nice hotel parking lot
Reviewed May 20, 2018

I was having some work done to my Motor Coach RV just up the road and had to stay over until Monday so I parked it here at this Comfort Suites. Priced very well, this quiet ell staffed, well equipped hotel was easy to get in and out of and was surrounded by restaurants, a Walmart across the street, gas stations, convenience stores and much more. The TV programming was okay but there's more to life than TV right? There was a great indoor pool and a fitness room. A business center right outside my door. The internet seemed to work very well and the microwave and fridge were great too. The bed was very comfy and I had a sofa in my room as well. Easy in and out for Trucks and a Blue Beacon Truck wash just south of the hotel about 10 miles. There are 2 really great RV service centers here nearby too. Visone RV and Day Bros. RV. I will definitely be DOING IT AGAIN HERE!

Room Tip: Call Ahead
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank cliffsiler
Reviewed May 16, 2018

Nice spacious room with couch and desk. The refrigerator was a bit larger than most which we really liked with a freezer in the top to refreeze our polar ice packs for another day on the road. Overall the hotel is not new and shows use and wear but everything was clean and functional and we would recommend it. We requested a room on the top (3rd) floor opposite the highway so it was quiet. The elevator is a bit slow however but that is expected with this style (hydraulic) elevators,
There was a microwave and a single cup coffee maker (we like the 4 cup models better).

The flat screen TV was not large but sat on the dresser so you could aim it at the couch or the bed which we liked. Just a hint: When you turn on the TV it defaults to a squashed "widescreen" picture that has black bars across the top and bottom of the screen making all the people look fat. This is often typical in hotels for god knows why. That might be good for some widescreen movies but for normal TV cable broadcasts this is squashed and distorted. The width shows the full picture but it is squashed in height. So push the menu button and find the aspect ratio and change it from "Widescreen" to "16:9" to get the full screen view. (In many hotels the 16:9 setting is the squashed view and "zoom" makes it normal for broadcast TV but on the TV in our room at least in this hotel the default was "widescreen" and 16:9 was surprisingly the normal mode for TV). I would think hotels would set the default to normal cable TV programs like CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN and ESPN and all the things we all mostly watch - good suggestion.
Breakfast went until 9:30 on a weekday and had hot eggs, fried potatoes, sausage, and waffles. The eggs were a bit odd, sort of looked like a fried egg but were were a prepared white mixture with a yellow "yoke" center. The whole thing looked prefabricated and then perhaps frozen that they microwaved to heat up and then served. The "yoke" or well the yellow center was like a cooked yolk, hard, not runny.
Oddly enough they tasted ok . Still scrambled eggs would have likely been better. Of course they had the typical cold items as well including hard boiled eggs, yogurt and breads, cereal, juice, and whole fruits so the breakfast has some variety.

The AC unit sits below the window and most of the time was quiet enough not to notice it but now and then it would make a low frequency hum or maybe "rumble" for a few minutes. Maybe it was the compressor kicking in, I don't know, but at first I thought it was from outside the hotel like a helicopter, but it was the AC unit. Some might sleep through it but I worried about it early on but fortunately the evening got very cool anyway so it seemed to stop likely because cooling was no longer needed.

The hotel had an indoor pool that looked nice but we did not use it. While not new and showing some wear, this hotel was comfortable, clean and adequate for a night traveling thru. We did see signs asking guests to excuse their appearance during updating so that may be a good sign of things to come.

Room Tip: The non-highway side was quiet
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here after a long trip that started at 4am. We found the hotel easy to find and we found our room to be clean and the beds were very comfortable. Our room had been remodeled recently and was in great shape. Bathroom was very clean and the towels were soft and fluffy. I would stay here again with no hesitation.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2018

The hotel looks like they started to remodel and stopped. The rooms have nice looking furniture but the walls and ceiling look old and unkept. Possibly they are doing it in stages but it looks undone. The good; new shower walls, hot water, and a large room. Far enough off the highway to be quiet, and it's cheap, again I say you get what you pay for. With each Choice Hotel being a different owner the standards are all over the place. A few more Corporate inspectors might be a valuable investment. All in all it's a good price and I am just sleeping here!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
tina s, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Comfort Suites of London, KY
606-877-7848

Reviewed April 10, 2018

Stayed here during our south/north drive. The room was very nice and the shower was terrific...lots of nice hot-streaming water. Told the lady at the desk about two minor problems and she wrote it down and thanked me. We would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple