In town for the EXPO and booked this hotel because suppliers from another country had already booked it. Roms at most area hotels were going for $125 - $160 and this hotel was charging $250 per night. I thought it must be a pretty special Holiday Inn to get that money. Well, it wasn't very special and it was worth about half.
The staff there is very pleasant and friendly. I asked about free breakfast coupons which I usually get as a priority member and was given three for my stay even though it is supposed to be for Platinum members. Very nice. However, I booked a king room four months before check in and was told that one wasn't available. I couldn't remember if I had specified a King when I made the reservation so I didn't make a big deal about it but since I had a lot of work to do, the tiny table in the 2 queen room made things tough.
The restaurant there is weak, once again considering what they are charging for rooms. There is a good selection on the buffet but you have to order drinks from the bar and service in the morning was sketchy. Had dinner there one night and it while it wasn't bad, the fairly simple pasta dish was just flat.
The fitness center was OK, but one of the treadmills was broken so it put a cramp on two days worth of work outs as someone was already on the other.
My bottom line here is that if this hotel wants to play in the big leagues at $250 a nght, then it needs to step up the quality of the ammenities and performance. One last note on the price, I was speaking with a staffer mid-stay and I mentioned that I was surprised at the cost per night and was told that they put it up for the show since it is always crowded. Nice policy. Next year I will handle the bookings for my suppliers and it will NOT be at this Holiday Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to One of the Best of Louisville Airport Hotels! Set in the heart of Louisville's convention, sports and airport districts, the newly built, smoke free Holiday Inn Hotel at Louisville Airport - Fair / Expo has an ideal location. We're less than a mile from the Louisville International Airport (SDF) and near the attractions and businesses of Louisville, KY. Our hotel is a few miles from attractions like Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom and the world-famous Churchill Downs & Kentucky Derby Museum. You can spend the day cheering for the University of Louisville's Cardinals at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium or visiting Freedom Hall at the Kentucky Fair & Expo Center across the street from our hotel. The Louisville Zoo and local parks are just a few miles away. Business travelers benefit from our hotel's location near the Kentucky Fair & Expo Center, UPS, Ford, Brown & Williams, Louisville Naval Ordnance Station, the University of Louisville and other businesses in Louisville. Lodging here gives you access to our 1,892 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space and a 24-hour business center. Our exceptional hotel in Louisville features Kem's Cafe & Lounge, an indoor, heated pool and a 24-hour fitness center. For a well-appointed room with free high-speed Internet access, triple-sheeted bedding, a 32-inch LCD HDTV, a large work area, a microwave and a refrigerator, call our Louisville, KY hotel today to reserve a room for your next stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Booking.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Hotel Louisville
- Holiday Inn Airport And Fair/Expo Center