“0 Stars”

Fern Valley Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #94 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 9 May 2016

I'm going to start this review by saying that I would have NEVER stayed here based on the TA reviews, but I didn't plan the trip, so imagine my surprise when I drove up to this dump. The fact that this "hotel" is considered a functioning business is beyond me. Upon driving up to the property, we were greeted with a dilapidated exterior, surrounded by overgrown weeds and a pot hole filled parking lot. The place looks deserted, inside and out. The inside smelled of mildew and cigarettes. The carpet hasn't been changed since probably the 70s. Our first room came with stained sheets, black mold near the window, and what felt like air mattresses. The walls were paper thin, and drunken chaos could be heard throughout the floor. We demanded a room switch, which wasn't much of improvement. I honestly don't know how this place is still in business. I could go on FOREVER about how awful it is. I would have rather slept in my car. Stay FAR away.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank katie d

Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

I came here for business and when I checked in it seemed empty. Keep in mind it's the Kentucky Derby, every hotel from miles around are full and sold out. You check-in one building and you walk across the street to the other building to go to the room. When you walk in the building it feels like you're in a horror movie. The place had a smell of mildew and there was nobody in any of the offices , hallways or the parking lots. When you walk thru the dim lit halls towards the elevator the side door was wide open and the door was broken. They had a stick to keep the door close. Once you get upstairs to the room there was dirty sheets in the hallway , dusty nightstands and smells of cigarettes. I checked in and checked out. Trust me DO NOT GO HERE. This has to be the worst hotel I ever been in.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank James S
Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

Literally the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. No hot water, no care about the no hot water. Plaster, garbage, stains and filth everywhere. Nothing works. This place would only be useful for a fire department burn training. I'd commute from another state before I'd stay here again.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joe P
Reviewed 2 May 2016

1 it says free wifi but it isnt in the rooms only down by the pool and weak there
2 the pool was closed the first 2 hours we were there
7 the beds were hard and uncomfortable
8 poor lighting in the hallways

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2016

We checked into our room, very old, not updated for at least 30 years, no towels, no sheets for the pullout bed, and no hot water. Told the receptionist about the hot water when I checked out, she was not surprised and did not say anything about it. Not recommended at all.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank steveroberts432
Reviewed 15 April 2016

We checked in During the truck show the guys at front desk Sean and Darian were very nice and helpful. The rooms were pretty old looking and a lot of things were down and hotel was under renovation but the friendly service was worth taking time to do a review. However housekeeping was scary, trash bags in hall and lobby area looked like it hasnt been cleaned in weeks. The guest restroom was horrible and smelled of human waste. Cleanliness isnt the best here but was conveniently close to our event and one of the best rates in town. Will stay again during busy events in the city.

Room Tip: stay on side with lobby!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2016

I will never stay here again. It took 45 min. to get checked in; only one front desk clerk (Sean did his best and was very friendly). No hot water, very few TV channels. Received email the day before my stay saying that restaurant/lounge and pool would be closed due to renovations. The reason I chose this place was that there was a restaurant and pool on site. Lost out on those!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo