“Delicious Spaetzle”

Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: American, European, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Eiderdown focuses on German cuisine with American/Southern accents. House made sausages and pretzels are some of the favorites. There's a full bar and 21 taps featuring many German beers. We have liter mugs also!! Outdoor seating and seasonal specials and cocktails are also available.
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Upon entering Eiderdown we were immediately greeted and seated by a very friendly host. Very nice atmosphere. We started with the delicious pretzel and beer cheese. The pretzel was fantastic. For dinner I ordered the butter spaetzle and burger. The burger was great but the buttered spaetzle was outstanding. I actually ordered another side of it because it was so yummy. For dessert I had the vinegar pie. I could tell It was definitely homemade because the crust was light and flaky. If you are a picky eater, you might have a little trouble finding something on the menu to order. However, I had a wonderful meal and will definitely return.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

While visiting Louisville we found Eiderdown for some German food. It was a very busy spot but worth the wait. We started with some beer sampling and some warm pretzels but the real star was the duckfat popcorn! It was out of this world. The sausage selection was delicious and the schnitzel was also very good. If you are a dessert person their homemade fun ice cream selections were fun and delicious!

Reviewed 1 January 2017

We had a great dinner here. Nice atmosphere with comfortable seating. A little different menu with some unusual selections. Food is well prepared with ample portions. Service was efficient and friendly. Nice wine list. I even found a new favorite. Fair pricing. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

This is a foodie, beer lover's dream! I ordered the day's special, pan seared fluke and this plate was to die for - absolute perfection! My sister ordered the pork loin from the dinner menu and loved it. I was disappointed with the wine list at first but once they served me my 2014 Haan Cabernet I shut right up - the wine was amazing. Loved everything about this restaurant, will be back!

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Converted old building near a just revitalizing part of downtown Louisville, casual atmosphere, very unique food and some small plates. We went during the brunch Sunday afternoon and it was quiet. Service was great and we had salmon crepes, french fries, biscuits and gravy, beer cheese, and french toast. Everything was outstanding and there is something for everyone on the menu, including kids, and all of it had a unique twist. Very wide variety of beer available. 3 adults and 2 kids had lunch for $66, great value for the quality of the food.