“Really nice experience”

Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: American, European, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Eiderdown focuses on German cuisine with American/Southern accents. House made sausages and pretzels are some of the favorites. There's a full bar and 21 taps featuring many German beers. We have liter mugs also!! Outdoor seating and seasonal specials and cocktails are also available.
Reviewed 29 July 2017

I hadn't heard of this place but my wife did. I love German food so I had to try it. It is somewhat of a hole in the wall place but turned out to be really neat.

The food was delicious and the beer selection was extensive with really good beers on tap. The service was good, and the ambiance was good too. I had the schnitzel and red cabbage, the red cabbage was authentic and tasty. The spatzel turned out to be potato salad though?? but it was good. No complaints, we both loved our meals. We'll go back for sure.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Visiting friends in Louisville they had recommend a great neighborhood restaurant not far from where they lived that also had good craft beer menu. My friends were spot on. The menu was limited but the food was well prepared and healthy. We also enjoyed a couple of very good beers before going to local concert. I had the Sunday Sit-down and can highly recommend.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I liked this place before their revamp, and I still like it. Patio seating was a great addition and really enjoyed the schnitzel.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

We were in Louisville for our son's graduation from UofL and went here on a Friday night. We had a little wait for seating but not too long. The staff was friendly and our service was very good. Most of us had not had German food and we all were very pleased. Our party tried everything from Spatzel to Schnitzel to a Nachburger. Everything was delicious. Would love to eat here again!!

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Upon entering Eiderdown we were immediately greeted and seated by a very friendly host. Very nice atmosphere. We started with the delicious pretzel and beer cheese. The pretzel was fantastic. For dinner I ordered the butter spaetzle and burger. The burger was great but the buttered spaetzle was outstanding. I actually ordered another side of it because it was so yummy. For dessert I had the vinegar pie. I could tell It was definitely homemade because the crust was light and flaky. If you are a picky eater, you might have a little trouble finding something on the menu to order. However, I had a wonderful meal and will definitely return.