“Pleasant stay.”

Louisville Marriott Downtown
Ranked #14 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I stayed here for one night on business in May. The room was very nice, clean and quiet. As is often true of hotels like this they charge extra for everything - wifi, parking, etc. I had parked in an adjacent parking lot that was connected to the Marriott for $10 a day. The woman at the front desk advised me to move my car to the Marriott parking lot and pay twice the amount per day, which I did not.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank KYMichelle

Reviewed 11 May 2012

My wife and I had a very nice stay at the Marriott Louisville Downtown when we were in town for the Kentucky Derby. Our room was nicely appointed, clean, and comfortable. We had drinks in the BLU bar and lunch in Champion's Sports Bar. Service and food was very good in both cases. Our group also had a catered dinner in one of the hotel's private rooms after the Derby. Again, food and service were very good. The hotel staff was very friendly, and there always seemed to be someone offering a greeting or a complimentary Mimosa when we walked through the lobby. Although I'm sure the hotel was booked for Derby weekend, it never seemed overly crowded, and the check-in and check-out process was fast and easy. I would certainly choose the Marriott Louisville Downtown the next time I am in Louisville.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Derby Guest,

Thank you for sharing comments from your recent Derby Experience. We are excited that you enjoyed the energy of this special weekend and will share your comments with our team at the hotel. We hope you had some luck at the track and look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Director of Sales

Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. My room was large with a fab comfortable bed. I was on the 12th Floor with a view of the river. The sports bar was a good place for a drink and breakfast was good too. The room was clean and everything was in working order. Check in was quick and easy as was checkout. If I was in the area I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks you for the compliments to the hotel regarding your recent stay and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future and appreciate your testimonial.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

Convenient down location, contemporary design, rooms are nicely appointed, nice sports bar and restaurant(Blu) in lobby. Get a high floor room with a river view.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This hotel has very friendly staff, it's clean, the beds are comfortable and it has a great location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your stay and glad that you enjoyed yourself, the friendly staff and the comfortable bed. We look forward to your next visit to Louisville.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Stayed at the Louisville Marriott Downtown over the weekend for Thunder. I was very disappointed in my room, which cost me almost $300 a night. The floors were dirty, the bed was uncomfortable, and I had a beautiful view of an abandoned white building. The real kicker was being charged $63 to self park in their parking garage for a two night stay!! I was told at check-in that parking would be $21. Not $21 a day!!! Then I was charged for a three day stay. I arrived after 5:00 on Friday and was checked out by 9:00 on Sunday morning. The only decent customer service I received the entire weekend was from Jacob at Valet parking. I was told that I had to wear a bright orange wristband all weekend to gain access into the hotel. When asked why... I was informed that it was to keep out the "riff-raff". I will be returning to Louisville next year, but next time I will be booking at the Hyatt across the street!! We all work very hard for our money, and I expected ALOT more than I got for the amount of money I spent. As of the writing of this review I still have not been reimbursed for the $21 that I was overcharged!! Spend your money wisely.....don't stay at the Marriott Louisville Downtown!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank Estebon68

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and we are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us during the recent Thunder weekend. Due to the amount of visitors over that particular weekend and a large convention in the hotel, we had limited rooms available and none of our standard weekend discounts. If you can contact me directly at paul.kiley@marriottlouisville.com and provide me with your contact information I will follow up to see that the incorrect charges to your account are rectified.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

The staff of this hotel made the stay worth it all. From check-in, to recognizing Marriott Elite status (which gave me complimentary wifi...a big savings) to the excellent room service—it was all a pleasure. Located very central to downtown, 1/2 block to the Convention Center, 2 blocks to the Yum! Center, and located to many other hotels it was well suited for all types of visitors. Fast food, pizza delivery, sandwich stores, and fine dining are all within a small circle and all within walking.

Sadly, the nearby Marriott properties provide complimentary shuttle from SDF airport, but for the downtown Marriott (1 block from the other 3 Marriott locations), no shuttle was provided and the independent airport shuttle was a long wait and $25.00. It would seem that Marriott could solidify its service to the Fairfield, Springhill Suites, Courtyard, and Marriott.

But the rooms were impeccable, the floor staff was friendly and always treated me by name.

Definitely a place to return.

Room Tip: Get a north side room to avoid the bright sun in the morning.