“Average...”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: East Louisville
Neighbourhood: East Louisville
Reviewed April 19, 2015 via mobile

I have to say first of all the setting of the restaurant is about average. However I enjoyed the food and the price setting is good enough for this level of food.

Reviewed October 23, 2014

We live walking distance to this restaurant, but haven't been since we have moved that close to the restaurant. The last time we went, it just felt, eh inside. Besides the complimentary chips and salsa we ordered the queso with chorizo. It was very greasy! I used a spoon to get as much grease out as I could. A similar restaurant, Sol Aztecas, has the same thing but way less greasy! I don't remember too much about what we ordered and the drinks we got. It must not have been anything special if I can't remember. Overall, I don't think it's a horrible Mexican restaurant, but I do think there are better in Louisville.

Reviewed September 16, 2014

When my kids were younger this was a go-to spot for a fairly inexpensive but hearty meal. We got kind of tired of it, however, and felt the quality of the meat wasn't keeping pace with similar restaurants. Tried on a recent evening and was pleased to see the redecorated interior, much more visually appealing with clean lines and better colors. Menu has also been refreshed. My teen conceded defeat to the Grande Dinner, which was more than enough for two people. I tried the Tacos Pastor with grilled pork. They were a little salty and didn't contain enough pineapple--the pork/fruit combination is what drew me to the dish--but the portion size and quality of the meat was satisfying. Guess I'll put Los Aztecas back on my locally owned casual dining rotation and try a chicken or beef dish next.

Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here several times and the food is always delicious but we had a large group on my last visit and the restaurant was crowded. Our service was pretty terrible, once we got our food. Our server basically ignored us until we were ready to go when we had to get the ticket from someone else.
The food is great and reasonably priced. They also have good margaritas.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Everything at Los Aztecas is good! Sometimes the service isn't great, but we've never had a bad meal there.