“Great Mexican food!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: East Louisville
Neighbourhood: East Louisville
Reviewed 30 August 2015

This Mexican restaurant has a varied menu with large portions. The food is flavorful. I recommend the burritos.

Reviewed 9 August 2015

The restaurant looks like it was a cheaply built house. Service is lacking. Our waitress went missing several times during our lunch. The food comes in generous portions, but doesn't have a lot of flavor.

Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

This place is awesome! It's a small standalone building in front of an orthodontist and is easy to miss if your looking past it.
The environment inside is nice and clean, giving you the feel for a quality Mexican experience.
What's the one thing everyone expects at a good Mexican restaurant? Chips and salsa! Los Aztecas didn't disappoint as they brought out two heaping bowls of chips and two bottles of salsa, one mild and one hot! We also ordered queso with our chips and that was some of the best we've ever had!
As for the meals, we usually don't get kids meals for my kids because they are always hungry after they're done but these meals had plenty for the kids to eat and be satisfied.
My brother had a chicken quesadilla and it was stuffed full of chicken.
I had the steak fajita tacos and they were AMAZING! Albeit messy but delicious all the same.
If you have a hearty appetite and love Mexican food Los Aztecas is the place to go! I know that anytime we're in Louisville we'll be going there for sure!

Reviewed 19 April 2015 via mobile

I have to say first of all the setting of the restaurant is about average. However I enjoyed the food and the price setting is good enough for this level of food.

Reviewed 23 October 2014

We live walking distance to this restaurant, but haven't been since we have moved that close to the restaurant. The last time we went, it just felt, eh inside. Besides the complimentary chips and salsa we ordered the queso with chorizo. It was very greasy! I used a spoon to get as much grease out as I could. A similar restaurant, Sol Aztecas, has the same thing but way less greasy! I don't remember too much about what we ordered and the drinks we got. It must not have been anything special if I can't remember. Overall, I don't think it's a horrible Mexican restaurant, but I do think there are better in Louisville.