“Better than average”
Review of Jack Fry's

Jack Fry's
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack Fry's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,938 Restaurants in Louisville
Price range: US$21 - US$65
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Highlands
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went here because trip advisor showed as a top restaurant. I agree it was good but not great. I had the pork chop medium and it came out rare. The compote on top was cold. My Stilton salad was excellent. The bourbon pecan pie and ice cream, very good. My associates both had salmon and they said very good.

One gentleman had the shrimp and grits appetizer and was very happy. They did cut the tails off the shrimp.

One basket of bread, when that was gone it was never refilled which was a mistake.

Overall, I would go back, I would get a different entree but the pork chop was positioned as “most poplar”

Service was better than average not great.

Get to Louisville regularly and I hope to give Jack Fry another try.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The service, the food and ambiance was amazing! Will definitely go there again when I visit Louisville.

Reviewed September 11, 2018

After reading the reviews we ventured out of downtown area and were richly rewarded by a wonderful dinner at Jack Fry's on our recent trip to Louisville. We were greeted cordially and seated quickly. Our server, Ashley, could not have been more cheerful and welcoming toward us. Her suggestions were spot on. We opted not to do beef that night. Salad was super fresh and savory and the cauliflower starter, awesome. My Salmon was served at a perfect temperature and beautifully presented with my requested substitution of grits, the creamiest I have ever tasted. On a very rare occasion will my husband order a pork chop, but this night he took the plunge and loved every morsel of his exquisitely prepared and moist pork chop with mushroom entree. The noise level was a little on the high side, but I attribute that to folks enjoying conversation and the ambiance of live music throughout the evening..a three piece group followed by pleasant piano.....Truly loved this place!

Reviewed September 7, 2018

One of the best dining experiences ever, including NY, Paris, London, etc. Warm, lively atmosphere and off the charts delicious food. Escargots were super garlicky and yummy. Heirloom tomato salad was a showstopper. Gnudi and trout were perfection. Blackberry crumble was the perfect ending to this great meal. Do not miss if you are in Louisville and can spend the $. We spent about $180 for two with shared app, shared salad, entrees, shared dessert, and 1 drink each.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

Had the fried cauliflower appetizer and salmon for dinner. Both were excellent! The decor is very tasteful - old furnishings, original floors and ceilings, with pictures of Kentucky Derby winners throughout. Sat at the bar next to a local couple who informed me that Jack Fry's is a "big place to be" on Kentucky Derby day. It's apparently very popular with the locals in the Louisville area. Food and service were both excellent. Saw patrons dressed in everything from sport coats to shorts and tshirts - nice mix of comfortable clientele. Plenty of street parking was available for my Sunday evening dinner, thought it might be hard to find parking other days/times. Very nice place tucked in the midst of more modest takeout joints, tattoo parlors, etc. - a hidden gem. I'd absolutely return.