“Great for families!”

Ranked #27 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Los Angeles, California
“Great for families!”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We stayed here recently for a wedding and everything was wonderful. The rooms were a great size, and everything felt new and clean. I had an adjoining room with family on the 9th floor. The breakfast was great, there was a lot of room for the little kids to run around and the staff was bringing them random treats like yogurt tubes and gummy snacks (yes, loaded with sugar, but it was a nice thought). Upon checkout my 2-year old ended up in an elevator on his own by accident as we were pushing the cart through. I was horrified! I immediately called the front desk and they were very responsive. Turns out he just went down and back up to 9, so we found him right away. When we returned back to the lobby there were 3 staff members standing there all with walkie talkies. I felt extremely reassured, even though I hope that NEVER happens again! The only negative I can say is that it was a busy weekend at the hotel, so sometimes the elevators took awhile. That, and our family members on the 5th floor were complaining of noise. We had no problem on 9. I really recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Belle River, Ontario, CAN
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This is by far my favorite hotel chain by Marriott that I have stayed at. The rooms are clean, spacious and the decor is great. Where ever we travel to I always look for a Springhill, because I am never dissapointed. This chain of Marriott's are consistantly excellent.

This particular hotel is only about a 5 minute walk from 4th Street Live. This is a great place to go to dine out, bars with live entertainment or just sit and people watch. 4th Street Live starts hoping at around 9 or 10. We seen a lot of bachelor and bachelorette parties going on. Since we are in our 40's we felt like the crowd was a bit young for us, so we left at around 11. Every place was a little bit pricey, but still worth a 'check out.'

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Lakeshore, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed here the weekend of May 19/12. We booked in advance and got a great price on a king suite. The whole hotel is non-smoking which was a great bonus. The staff was excellent and the entire hotel was neat and clean. There were many people staying there for a wedding and we thought we may hear people in the halls all night, but we didn't. It was amazingly quiet. The room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and provided a huge assortment of food. The location is great for walking downtown and easy on and off the Intrestate. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 May 2012

My family stayed here for the Thunder Over Louisville event in April and it was a perfect location! We enjoyed the pool, eating a quick dinner in the room, and then a short walk to the waterfront for the fireworks. The hotel is very close to everything you'd like to do downtown within just a few blocks walk. The rooms were clean and the beds incredibly comfortable. We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Springhill's downtown Louisville hotel is ideally located. Close to restaurants and easy walking distance to many attractions. The folks here are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are a decent size and have free WiFi, parking was $10 a day, a reasonable fee for a downtown covered garage, although if you get there late you'll have the top floor outside area.
Free buffet breakfast has plenty to offer and the eating area on the second floor is spacious and well maintained.
I can find little fault with anything at the hotel except when we went to make up the sofa bed for our grandson we found the sheets had been packed away in their plastic container in a wet condition. I don't mean damp, they were wet. Anyway the front desk staff immediately responded and were up at our room with replacements in less than 5 minutes.

I definitely would recommend this hotel for a downtown Louisville stay.

Room Tip: If traffic noise bothers you request a high floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Ottawa, Kansas
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I recently stayed at the Springhill Suites Marriot Louisville Downtown on business and was extremely pleased with the stay.
I was cheerfully greeted when I went to check in and the lady at the desk exhibited that famous Southern charm and friendliness. She was extremely, courteous and processed my check-in quickly. The rooms at the hotel are very nice and were scrupulously clean. What impressed me most about the room was the size. Besides the sleeping area, there are a couple of couches which allow for several people to be comfortably seated. This was a plus for me as I had a couple of my business associates up to the room for some discussion. We were all quite comfortable. The room included a wet bar, small refrigerator a microwave. Like other Marriot locations, snacks were available for purchase at the front desk.
The bathroom is a bit different from most hotels as the toilet and shower area are split off from each other. The shower area also has a large sink and vanity. The bathroom with the toilet has a much smaller sink. While the makeup isn’t typical, I decided that it was rather functional.
I typically leave a gratuity for the housekeeping staff especially when I feel that they have done a good job of maintaining the room. As usual, I left the money out on my nightstand. When I returned to the room in the evening, I found the cash still sitting where I left it. I am sure that the staff didn’t realize that I had left the money for them, but it signaled to me that I could be confident that the staff was as honest as they were thorough. The next morning I was sure to leave a note with the tip.
On the evenings that I stayed, I made sure to stop by the front desk and ask the clerk to write down an address and phone number for the restaurant that I was going to visit as well as a personal opinion of what I was going to encounter there. Justice, the desk clerk, was very friendly and accommodating and upon my return asked for my comments so that he might be able to pass my recommendations along to other guests. Each time, he addressed me by name preceded by ubiquitous “Mister” that is so commonly used in the south. The hotel is located close to the famous 4th Street area, and was easily within walking distance. It is also located close enough to the highways to be convenient but not so close that you here traffic all night.
There is a $10 per day parking charge, but the parking is covered and convenient. Amenities listed include a free breakfast, swimming pool, weight room and a business center. I feel that I really got my money’s worth during my stay and am looking forward to my next trip to Louisville.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Cargotraveler
Ulsan, South Korea
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Good, clean, well staffed, downtown location within walking distance of many attractions including the HRC and 4th Street Live. Nice bed linens with great pillows. Shower is separate from commode...nice! Super bath towels! Large sitting area with desk, wet bar, mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Excellent place to stay!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends