“NEVER EVER STAY AT THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PlEASE READ!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Louisville Central University & Expo Center

Days Inn Louisville Central University & Expo Center
Ranked #80 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Keavy, ky
“NEVER EVER STAY AT THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PlEASE READ!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2010

I was never so happy to check out of a motel in all my life. The STAFF was horrible there was a girl named Amy that would not help at the desk because she was to busy playing on facebook. We book the room for 5 people and we had to pay 10.00 for a rollaway bed which we requested on priceline. We asked for extra towels and they fought with us over 2 towels and 2 wash clothes. The man said you all just got here! We were wanting to get ready to go out and feel clean. They were soooo mean. Than the toliet overflowed and a guy from the desk came up to the room with a nasty plunger and used the towels that we fought so hard to get and cleaned up the water but that is not all. He went down stairs and got a mop bucket and a mop came in and did not wring the mop out and spilled water all over the carpet. NASTY!!!!! He did atleast bring us 2 towels. After we got ready to go out we asked the front desk to call us a cab and Amy said there is the phone!! HATEFUL!!!!!! Please never ever ever stay here! Ofcourse there was not a manager there or atleast that is what Amy said........ Please do not waste your money and time or ENERGY. Also, the guy at the desk asked if we would be using the internet I said no and he said so you have a computer with you. What was it any of his buisness! I don't know what else to say.......STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2010

I had made a mistake in making my reservation which would have cost me the opportunity to cancel if need be. When I called the hotel to ask if they could help me, even though I had made the mistake, they were friendly, helpful and made the change I needed. I appreciated their willingness to do this even though the general Days Inn site told me that nothing could be done and I would have to live with my mistake. They were kind, patient and understanding.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dogsportsenthusiast
Paris, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2010

Location was terrible, despite what it says on the websites, There are no restaurants nearby. It is right off the highway but in an area that didn't feel safe to walk anywhere, even if there had been anywhere to walk to. The carpet was so filthy, the bottoms of my slippers were black after one night and we had to ask the front desk to have housekeeping clean the crumbs and ashes off the desk chair (it was a non-smoking room???). The exterior is very rundown. We were stuck there for three nights and it was a very unpleasant stay. About the only good thing I could say was that tghe staff was very friendly and helpfull.

Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Alton, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2009

This trip was last minute for one night and on a budget. It fit our needs perfectly. The carpet had a lot of stains on it but aside from that, everything looked fine and was clean. The beds were very comfy.

The location was great for us, and it's super easy to find. While driving down 65, either direction there are billboards well in advance to let you know where to turn and the hotel is just along side the highway.

The staff was very nice and helpful. I asked for suggestions on where we could go eat and at the front desk they had a print out of a few places with directions. The woman at the front desk described anything I asked about & offered her opinion. The place we chose wasn't nearby at all but the simple directions on the paper got us there with no problem. And it was a great recommendation.

If you're not looking for anything too fancy; just an simple affordable place to sleep this is perfect.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank photogirl81
Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2009

This is a very large motel right off the highway. It's an older building, but it's in pretty good shape considering it's age. I got a non-smoking room on the 3rd floor. Although the room was small - it was clean, comfortable, fully equipped, and everything worked, including wireless internet. Also, it was surprisingly quiet once the door was closed, even with the traffic from I-65. The lobby/dining room is huge with a feel of aged elegance. The staff was helpful when asked questions, otherwise they volunteered little information. Although it's an urban area, there isn't much of interest in the immediate area other than a gas station within easy walking distance. The gas station charges extremely high prices for everything. Sodas and snacks are available in the motel lobby for much lower prices. There appeared to be a few long term "tenants" staying at the motel, but they seemed to mind their own business and didn't make any noise.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2008

Of all the Days Inn I saw around the Louisville area, this one has to be the most run down one! Even for the price, this place was WAY below expectations (motel 8 looked like the Ritz next to this).
First, LOCATION. Its off the highway behind a gas station. It did not appear to be the safest neighborhood either. No dining options nearby; we ended up driving to downtown Louisville.
The ROOMS looked old and dirty. I wasnt looking for luxury but the whole place was just creepy.
Bottom line, I wouldnt recommend it. If need be, pay a little extra to go somewhere else...it will be worth it!

• Disliked — Location, dirty. Looks like a cheap run down motel.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
WFHB Radio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2007

After booking this hotel for its price and proximity to an event I was attending, I noticed it had terrible reviews. My experience was very different. The room was small, but comfortable and very clean. There was a table and three chairs, things that are often skimped on by cheap hotels. The beds were new and firm, the bathroom tiny but spotless. Breakfast was free and included fresh fruit and dairy items served in a tidy dining room. Try to request a room on the first two floors, behind the reception building, which does a fine job of blocking the noise from the immediately adjacent interstate. I would recommend, and will stay here again.

• Liked — Value for money
  • Disliked — Right next to interstate highway
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Namlit