This was our first night out on a 12 day trip and needed a room for one night. Arrived at hotel around 9:30 so they weren't busy. Easy, quick, and friendly check-in. Room on the third floor so used elevator. Now, when you get in an elevator, isn't the first thing you look at when the doors open, is the floor. It was very dirty on the threshold and the carpeting. Not very inviting.
The room was clean except for the carpet against the wall. Duh...crevice tool anyone? The fridge was not plugged in or the light on the night stand. Both worked when plugged in. I don't know if all the rooms were like our's since it was the last one at the end of the hall, but the layout was weird. The bathroom had the toilet wedged between the tub and the wall. The vanity was in the bedroom area across from the foot of the bed. There was a fan in the bathroom that sounded like a buzz saw...and right next to the toilet. The desk area was in an alcove with the fridge and microwave. No ceiling light...only table light. There was a closet but you couldn't open the door all the way because it hit the room door closer. Needed adjustment. The room was quiet (don't turn on bathroom fan) and the beds were comfortable. The hair dryer worked but the clips that hold it in the holder were missing. The ice machine didn't work on our floor, but the one by the lobby worked.
The breakfast was made to order instead of the usual help yourself type at most places. Choices were eggs or cheese omelet with bacon or sausage, potatoes(tater tots) and toast, or hot or cold cereal. I was ok but greasy.
There's lots of hotels in the area that cost more and would probably be nicer, but this was ok for the price under $70. I stayed there because I had a rewards card. Didn't stay on return trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this Louisville, Kentucky hotel featuring recently renovated guest rooms and enjoy a host of convenient amenities at a great value while traveling. The Best Western Louisville East is conveniently located with easy access to key attractions and business locations. Hotel guests will appreciate the variety of nearby dining and shopping options.Area Attractions:Churchill Downs – 12 m KY Fair / Expo – 10 mKentucky Derby Museum – 12 m 4th Street Live – 11 mLouisville Slugger Museum – 12m Skyview Park – 2 mCaesars Riverboat Casino – 25m Oxmoor Mall – 4 mTom Sawyer State Park – 7 m St. Matthews Mall – 4 m ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsforEveryone, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca and HotelTravel.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Louisville East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Envoy Inn And Suites
- Best Western Envoy Hotel Louisville
- Best Western Louisville
- Louisville Best Western