“Best Customer Service Ever”

Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo
Ranked #66 of 96 Hotels in Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky
“Best Customer Service Ever”
Reviewed 6 September 2011

The night and day counter personnel were OUTSTANDINGLY friendly and helpful! Even the young lady who cleaned the room was cheerful and nice. I was traveling on a budget, so I couldn't tip anybody. But they all deserved $100 a piece!

Room Tip: Go to the Thornton's next door for water, snacks, gas, etc. Also very friendly!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
gmlouisville, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 8 September 2011
Dear Valued Guest:

Thanks for commenting on your recent stay with us.!!! We value your comments and use them in daily meetings to improve service. We are glad that your stay was memorable, and we do invite you to stay with us next time you are in Louisville. Our staff cares about our guests and will do to make your experience at our hotel a memorable one. I will make sure our entire staff reads your comment. Thank you!!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Rossville, Georgia
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We stayed for four days and loved it . No smoke smell Adam is the hardest worker I have seen in a long time, he was so eager to help in any way! The new T.V.s were great !Frank makes the best cookies ever ! We will go back next year.
T he Merediths
Rossville Ga.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
gmlouisville, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 17 August 2011

Reviewed 7 August 2011

My sister and I were traveling with our 2 little girls, ages 5 and 6. Our truck broke down in Louisville. This was a very busy time with a car show in town and everyone said we would never find a room. They got us a room and even offered us a discounted price on another night if we needed it. They also kept our bags safe for us after we checked out. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed August 2011
gmlouisville, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 9 August 2011

Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stay at choice hotels 3-4 nights a week for work. Diamond member. I have never had ANY problems at the chain. This place is an abaolute joke. Its run by a family and the kids smoke right outside the lobby doors and bring it inside to goto the offices. So the whole place smells of dank smoke. I asked for a non smoking room and was told half the floors are smoking and some are not....(what does that mean?) they wanted a credit card when i had cash to pay for the room. THEY REFUSED MY CASH! said it had to be on a credit card... And i said i didnt have one and she said she needs $75 for liability....after i was told they wouldnt accept cash... So i got my money back and went down the road to a dif. Hotel and had a great night... Slim parking too.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Meecea1
gmlouisville, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay at our hotel. Our hotel prides itself on customer service and providing the best possible environment for the guest. I am very concerned to hear that your stay with us was somewhat of a challenge. We do value your comments and plan to use them as a training tool during our staff meetings. We take pride in our hotel and your comments will help us improve quality and service at the utmost levels. It is my hope that if you are back in the area again you will try us again to see what a difference your feedback has made.
South Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 11 July 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU HAVE A SENSITIVITY TO CIGARETTE SMOKE! We attempted to stay here. We asked for a non-smoking room. We could not get a room that did not smell of heavy cigarette smoke, after 2 attempts at a new room. Our son actually has asthma and COULD NOT breathe here! Front desk refunded our money and we found another hotel @ 1A.M! Yuck! Our clothes reaked of the smell, and had to be laundered as soon as we checked in @ at our next Hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
gmlouisville, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
Dear Valued Guest:

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment about your most recent stay. We do take your comments very seriously!!!!
We are making the change to our hotel to become smoke-free facility. These changes are already in progressed and to be completed soon.
We do value your business and our hotel will be a smoke free facility. Thanks for taking the time to write about your stay. I encourage you to return to our hotel soon.

Thanks
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Walls are like paper and especially the ceilings! I don't recommend this hotel based on noise.

• Stayed July 2011
Dear Valued Guest:

Thanks for taking the time to respond to your most recent stay with us. We do value your comments and we use your comments as tools to improve our service at our hotel.
We looked into your stay about noise. We hold staff meetings on how we can prevent certain noise that we can control and certain noises we cannot. Being an airport property, traffic and airport those noises are beyond our control, but inhouse noises we can control.

We will use your comments and will discuss ways to control inhouse noises. Thanks for staying with us and please try us again.

Thanks
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Please note: This hotel has no elevator. This is not advertised upfront so I was quite surprised when I tried to find the elevator to my 2nd floor room. This was just one of many issues I had with this hotel. I booked a room here for 2 nights because it was near the Exposition Center and seemed reasonably priced. I got there at 2:30 p.m., half an hour before the official check in time. I knew my room might not be ready and I was fine with that. What I wasn’t fine with was the attitude of Adam, the manager. I said I was there to check in and, having heard another guest get a cheaper rate, I asked if it were possible to get the same rate. He said no, they don’t change rates. He then processed my check in and gave me the keys to a 2nd floor room. I asked, “So, it is ready?” He said he didn’t know, that he figured I’d tell him after I checked. I must have looked surprised at his reply because he asked if I wanted him to go check. I was already ticked at his attitude so I said I’d check myself. I went up the stairs and down to the room. It was not ready. I went back to the counter and said it wasn’t, could he find me a room that was. He gave me another 2nd floor room that was ready. I must admit that I asked why he hadn’t checked that the room was ready before he gave out the keys. All he’d say is that it would be ready soon. I carted all my stuff up to my new room. The room was not marked as a non-smoking room and smelled of cigarette smoke. I went back down to the lobby and asked for a non-smoking room. By now another desk clerk had arrived. He was friendly and polite and immediately volunteered to put me in another room. Meanwhile, Adam insisted that the room he’d given me was a non-smoking room. I replied that it wasn’t marked as non-smoking and smelled of smoke. He insisted that it was non-smoking. The desk clerk looked up my registration and said that the room I was in was listed as non-smoking, but we found out that neither of the rooms Adam had given me was actually the room I was listed as being in! The desk clerk gave me keys to the room the computer said I was already in, and I went to transfer my luggage. My 3rd room was not ready. (It was now just past 3:30 p.m.) I went back to the lobby and said this room was not ready. The desk clerk called housekeeping and the poor woman, who I believe was the only one working, went and cleaned my room. I was finally in an acceptable room an hour and a half after first checking in. Later that night I found out that the current rate for the hotel was $30 a night less than what my rate was. I checked with the clerk and he said he wouldn’t change my rate. So, I checked out of the hotel the next morning and checked back in that night. It was a hassle but worth it to save $30.

Other issues: Adam and other employees smoked just outside the hotel doors. It’s impossible to enter without going through a cloud of smoke. The first morning’s breakfast was poorly stocked and staffed. The poor desk clerk was doing at least double duty – manning the desk and fixing breakfast. All things considered, he did an admirable job, but he just couldn’t keep up.

On the plus side, the rooms I stayed in were suitable: nothing fancy, rather old, but decently cleaned and comfortable. Only one of the two rooms I was in had a refrigerator and microwave. Parking was adequate and access was fine.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly for price quote.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
gmlouisville, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 23 June 2011
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your comments on your most recent stay with us. We take all comments seriously and use them to improve our hotel and our guest experience. We have established a new smoking policy for our co-workers and established a designated area for co-workers to smoke in on their established breaks.
I apologize for the poor experience you had during breakfast on your most recent stay. We discussed and emphasized to our team during our morning meeting today the importance of keeping our breakfast clean and fully stocked during breakfast time.
We do value your business and welcome you to visit us again when you are in the Louisville area, to see the changes we have made based of your input. Again, we thank you for your comments and we truly want all of our guests to have a great experience when staying with us while in Louisville.