“The clientel at the hotel are above an beyond. Friendlness & Helpfulness 10+”

Hotel Louisville Downtown
Hotel Louisville Downtown
Ranked #70 of 100 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I can't say enough about the wonderful people who work at the hotel. We did not meet 1 person who was unfriendly or unwilling to assist us in any way possible. A BIG THANKL YOU to each and every one who played a part in our stay..
The cleanliness was a concern as far as the bathroom, shower curtains, bedding etc. However I am aware the Hotel Louisville Downtown has only been up and running for approximately 8 months so I know there will be a lot of improvements during the forthcomning months. The Wayside Ministry is doing such a wondeful job with everyone who is involved with ministry. God bless each and everyone of you and we hope your vision keeps moving forward in a positive way. Blessings

Room Tip: Ther is no help I can render on this topic, sorry
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank luvfall

Reviewed 4 April 2011

My daughter and I traveled to Louisville for a Dream Factory meeting. We were very impressed with the whole concept of the program. Everyone we dealt with at the hotel was exceptional, very helpful and friendly. Especially Priscilla in the dining room. What an inspirational women.

Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank gingiavery
Reviewed 25 March 2011

I have stayed in hundreds of hotels all over the US and around the world, but I have never - I mean NEVER - left one before so filled with enthusiasm for what they are doing there and for my experience. I intend to urge all my friends to take advantage of this amazing place if they travel anywhere close to Louisville.

First, the hotel is based on compassion for homeless people. Many of the rooms are used by women with children, of whom I met at least 15-20, all of them friendly, clean, courteous, and obviously grateful for the love they have found here. Second, that love is reflected to the paying customer continually - in the quality of the rooms, the friendliness of the staff, the beauty of the grand piano music being played by a volunteer in the lobby, the delicious coffee and continental breakfast served in the dining room, and much more. Having grown used to the professional courtesy of standard hotels run for profit, I had not realized what a difference it could make when a customer is also treated like a member of one's family, with warmth and love as well as commercial courtesy.

I love the place!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank gershwin03
Reviewed 13 September 2010

The Hotel Louisville was a wonderful experience. The staff was so friendly, went above and beyond to help out. It was clean, the room was beautiful. Had a really great time! It's also a wonderful cause. Thank you Hotel Louisville Downtown, KY!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank WatchedByWolves
Reviewed 18 August 2010

We were visiting from out of town and we were not informed that the was also a hotel for the homeless! That should be told to everyone who tries to stay there because we would not have stayed if we would have known that. Although the staff was friendly, they were not too helpful. We inquired about vending machines and were told that they had none, but they sold snacks from behind the counter. (which they were pretty much out of at the time.) We were told that there was a gas station around the corner that we could walk to and that it is 100% safe. Later that night when we went to sleep we were awaken by the sounds of police sirens and loud talking over the mega phone. There were about 6 police cars along with about 100 people outside. It is not a good experience for people from out of town... I would NOT reccommend this hotel for travelers or locals. It is not safe enough.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
8  Thank sashawright08
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Hotel Louisville had very helpful and caring staff willing to go out of their way to answer questions and make the stay work for my personal stay and for a demanding group of our clients. The staff was helpful at meeting our needs and adjusting to the arrival schedule that was varied and confusing. Everyone was pleased with their stay.

Only wish was for a bit of a bigger continental breakfast, but what was serviced, was adequate. Thanks, Hotel Louisville Downtown!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank crumlan
Reviewed 4 July 2010

My Huband and I came to Louisville on Business. We had stayed at this hotel a couple years before hand when it was owned by Holiday Inn. We were very impressed that the hotel was in a lot better condition now then when it was part of a big chain. $49 dollars a night great location and security. The rooms were very clean the service was excellent and helpful. And the view from the 9th floor AMAZING! If you're on a budget and looking for a place that's clean and comfortable to sleep this is the place for you. They are new owners and are still trying to get things up and running but they offer a lot for a small price.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business