“Great service and kind staff”

Hotel Louisville Downtown
Hotel Louisville Downtown
Ranked #66 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Hotel Louisville had very helpful and caring staff willing to go out of their way to answer questions and make the stay work for my personal stay and for a demanding group of our clients. The staff was helpful at meeting our needs and adjusting to the arrival schedule that was varied and confusing. Everyone was pleased with their stay.

Only wish was for a bit of a bigger continental breakfast, but what was serviced, was adequate. Thanks, Hotel Louisville Downtown!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank crumlan

Reviewed 4 July 2010

My Huband and I came to Louisville on Business. We had stayed at this hotel a couple years before hand when it was owned by Holiday Inn. We were very impressed that the hotel was in a lot better condition now then when it was part of a big chain. $49 dollars a night great location and security. The rooms were very clean the service was excellent and helpful. And the view from the 9th floor AMAZING! If you're on a budget and looking for a place that's clean and comfortable to sleep this is the place for you. They are new owners and are still trying to get things up and running but they offer a lot for a small price.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank KFCampbell
Reviewed 27 June 2010

They did not tell us that the hotel has become a new homeless shelter/rehab unit. There is no restaurant/bar. All of the workers are former addicts/homeless people. The place was very clean, but alot of people were going to different "group activities". They should have been upfront about the establishment. I feel this is "false advertising" by them. You could not even go out in the neighborhood without being acosted by a panhandler.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
32  Thank dodo009
davespad, Manager at Hotel Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2010

I was disappointed to read this guest's review of our hotel since we pride ourselves on our great service and willingness to go the "extra mile." Although he did not complain about the service he received from our staff, I wanted to clear up several inaccuracies in his description.

Hotel Louisville (formerly Holiday Inn Downtown Louisville) has been operated since November, 2009 by Wayside Christian Mission. It is not a shelter, as he states. Hotel Louisville has 287 luxury guestrooms. Approximately 90 of them are occupied by women and children who are clients in a community reentry program operated by Wayside Christian Mission. Their rooms are not accessible to the public. In fact, their presence in the hotel is "invisible" to our regular guests. These women help run the hotel and receive job training in culinary arts, housekeeping, hotel management and customer service.

The other 197 rooms are clean and comfortable double, king and suite rooms. They were renovated while under the Holiday Inn flag and feature all the amenities you would expect in a downtown business-class hotel. Our ballroom and meeting rooms are popular locations for business meetings, weddings, graduation parties...the list goes on.

One of the "group activities" he refers to was a "Healthy Hoops" community basketball tournament, and many of the participants came from outside Louisville and stayed at our hotel. Other events were a card tournament/dance sponsored by a local 12-step organization and a wedding. These events were not sponsored by the hotel and were not for the clients mentioned above.

Our WayCool Cafe is open for lunch Monday-Friday and offers delicious food at a reasonable price. We expect to open the cafe for dinner and on the weekends very shortly. While we do not serve alcoholic beverages, guests are free to purchase alcohol from the outside and consume it at their events or in their rooms. Our new Holy Grounds Coffee Shop will open very soon and will offer a full variety of coffees, teas and other beverages in an upbeat, coffeehouse environment. Also, guests receive a complimentary "Snack Bag" at check-in with their choice of soft drinks.

Our hotel operation is still rather new in the community and we have not had significant advertising and marketing to date, though plans are in the works to "spread the word" about our unique social enterprising program. We are now providing our brochure to guests at check-in which explains in detail about the relationship between Hotel Louisville and Wayside Christian Mission.

I agree with our guest’s suggestion to make everyone aware of our unique social enterprising experiment. And while we receive strong support from the community, I know that not everybody will agree with our goals. It is my hope, however, that people will give us a try and see that we are the #1 choice in downtown Louisville for service, comfort and price.

Timothy Moseley
President/CEO
Hotel Louisville

Reviewed 15 June 2010

We originally selected this hotel because of the cheap rates, free parking and the location to downtown 4th street where all the action is. We came for 1 night to see the Niel Young concert and ended up staying 4 nights. Dave and his staff were wonderful. They were extremely friendly and very helpful in getting us to where we wanted to go. Our room was clean and spacious. The location of the hotel was just blocks from 4th street where all the action is so once we parked our car at the hotel, we just walked everywhere we wanted to go. The area is like any other major city downtown. Yes, there were homeless people around but they didn't bother us and we didn't feel unsafe walking around late at night. They are just people like the rest of us that have hit on hard times. We will definitely stay at this hotel again when visiting the area in the future.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank saint_10
Reviewed 12 April 2010

The check in was a fairly arduous process, concidering they could not find my reservation for 20 min. The room was clean, if a little small. There were security guards on duty inside the hotel entrance at all times, but I witnessed a drug deal in the parking lot of the hotel so I am not sure what exactly they were guarding. The hotel is close to 4th street, which is a big plus, but the homeless/panhandlers and general unsavory characters around making walking late at night possibly dangerous. I asked the front desk if they could give me a list of the restaurants that deliver food to the hotel and they handed me a phone book. How long would it really take to make a list of delivery services and then make several copies? I also asked at the front desk if they had any machines so that I could purchase a soda or gatorade, and the clerk informed me that there was a gas station around the corner. At the gas station they had two police officers apparently stationed in the gas station because one was behind the counter with the clerk and the other stood in the corner, this did nothing to assure me of the safety of the general area. The biggest luxury you are goin to find in this hotel is an ice machine. Also, if you are stuck in your room forget about a movie channel or pay-to-watch.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
8  Thank Dr_Zhiv
Reviewed 11 March 2010

My sister and I stayed here for 5 nights to be close to our father who was in the hospital after surgery. The Staff was Amazing. Everyone made us feel right at home. They went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed seeing as we forgot a few things. The room was nice and clean. The shower was awesome. The food in the lounge was great and the price was so cheap it was almost criminal. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Louisville and will stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010
5  Thank ramhaynes
Reviewed 8 April 2009

I can recommend the Hotel Louisville Downtown for anyone visiting the Louisville area. It couldn't be any easier to reach from I-65, just being a short block and a half from road. That being said, I never heard any road noise during my stay. The room was neat, clean and well furnished, although an extra bedside stand would have been handy with double occupancy. Beds were comfortable and came with 3 3/4-size pillows, each.

The hotel staff were pleasant and helpful, including front desk and service personnel. The hotel is only a couple blocks from the theater and entertainment district. It is quite convenient.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business