All reviews yum center typical courtyard front desk marriott courtyard parking garage kfc yum kfc center louisville downtown basketball game street noise waterfront park walking distance high floor convention center location was perfect very nice place to stay airport shuttle
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have stayed here in the past..in process of renovating every room. Room I stayed in was yet to be renovated. The lobby, pool area, fitness area, bistro..front desk..all were very nice and updated. Daniel, front desk attendant, was particularly helpful..he suggested a good restaurant in walking distance and open on a Sunday night...Saffrons. We enjoyed it...seemed rather authentic greek cuisine. I would go back to Saffron's..and I am a bit of a picky eater. As a platinum, I was glad parking was of no charge. If you stay here..get ready to take a left turn into parking garage..or else you will find yourself in Indiana.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip, for 2 nights. First, the location is awesome for being downtown next to everything - right across from YUM Center.
The first night, I arrived late and needed something to eat. I ordered a snack at the cafe and was planning to do some work, but the crowd was VERY loud and I took it up to my room. Still, the attendant was apologetic for all the noise.
I was assigned a 2 room suite (exec style) with bar and sitting area - bedroom area, separated by a hall and bath. It was a rather large layout, a corner room. I would say the decor and age definitely showed, but it was still functional. There were very few open plugs in the bedroom area (a pet peave of mine), but elsewhere not too bad.
Apparently housekeeping is done just after midday, so when I left for my appointment, not to return until late - I thought my room would be serviced and it was not. Oh, well.
My biggest issue with my stay was wifi. Yes, it was free - but not very consistent. I kept getting knocked off. A real struggle.
Last note: The shuttle drivers (free shuttle) were very good. On the return trip to the airport, with semi's behaving obnoxiously on the highway, she played it safe and moved over - and got me to the airport safely. Great job.
If business brought me back to the area, I'd probably consider this hotel, especially if there might be an upcoming renovation planned.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bk_t1
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We arrived at the downtown Courtyard by Marriott on Friday 11/2/12. My husband and I were greeted by the friendly front desk representative ( Pam) the lead at the front desk is a gem! and so are the other staff members. There was a few people ahead of us , but the wait was minimal as the welcome far out weighed the wait time. Were directed after check-in ( all of 2 minutes to complete our check-in) then directed to the hotel elevator. The room was spacious with full wet bar, fridge and microwave. and tons of counter space. the living room was nice if you choose to bring friends up for a drink. We were located directly across from the YUM Arena, where Bruce Springsteen was performing. It doesnt get better than this location. Dinner buffet is fabulous. It is offered from 4-7 the cook staff are fantastic and very accomodating. Breakfast and Starbucks was awesome. The onsite garage parking is inexpensive 6.00 a day for unlimited in and out access. We will be back and make this our #1 pick in Louisville, Ky. The hotel is very close to numerous eateries and the 4th street live venue... Can't say enough.

Room Tip: Great location for all downtown events!! Indoor pool and exercise gym.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently went there for the Justin Bieber concert. Greeted by a great front desk group. Took care of our needs throughout the stay. Small restaurant/bar has small menu but the employee working there in the evening was spectacular. We made a point of going back after the concert just to see her again.
Place is clean, swimming pool was nice and I could not find any little problems anywhere. the rollaway beds are just as comfortable as the beds.

Room Tip: I did ask if we could upgrade when we came in and there was no problem. The room we had was too small for an additional rollaway but when we upgraded, we were able to use it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is better priced for families that want a nice safe clean room close to all of the Downtown Tourist Sites. Found the staff very courteous and efficient. The hotel parking was a great price. Easy walk to restaurants and night activity.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family