Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great aquarium

It was not initially on my to do list but a local mentioned it and told me I won’t be disappointed... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
ellen5181
new york
via mobile
good to visit with kids

this place is good to know about fish and water animals, good shows and animal exhibits, staff was... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
nraghaven
Louisville, Kentucky

1,937 results
All reviews shark bridge sea life penguin exhibit mighty mike frog bog parking garage buy tickets cincinnati area all ages take your time great exhibits spring break behind the scenes gift shop rainy day whole family ohio river
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We visit the Newport Aquarium several times a year. (Helpful hint: If you live close by, invest in an annual pass. It is well worth the money). The best part for us is always walking in the tunnel with the sharks and other fish swimming above, below and on the sides of you. We never get tired of that experience!! We also always sit for a few minutes watching the penguins. You can touch a shark or a stingray and the employees assigned to these areas are very knowledgeable. If you're feeling brave, be sure to walk on the Shark Bridge!! A good time to visit is in the mid-afternoon. We usually go about 3:00 and it isn't crowded and you can take your time looking at the exhibits.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed April 3, 2018

I have been to the aquarium once and that was plenty for me. My nephew's family, however, frequently get a year's family pass. They will make a week-end trip to Cincinnati planned around their visit to the aquarium. The exhibits do change and I believe there are children's activities from time to time. One should check on that before making the trip if you have to drive any distance. The area around the aquarium offers many choices for dining from 5 Guys to Tom and Chee to a kiosk that sells awesome hot dogs dressed any way you like. While once was enough for me, I would still encourage others to check it out.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We stopped because we were in the area for other things on vacation. This is a nice aquarium. The inside is a little run down and dirty in places but overall we really had a good time. Kept my 12 and 14 year old sons interested. We were here for about 3 1/2 hours.
We enjoyed the new octopus, moon jellyfish and spider crab exhibit.
Because it was Easter weekend it was super packed and they stuck to the entrance times on the ticket.
We had purchased tickets ahead online and couldn't print out but the girl who waited on us said it was no problem and printed tickets out from her register. Staff were very nice inside.
Parking was cheap, $3.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We drove down from Columbus Ohio and it took us about 2 hours and 10 minutes. The aquarium is easy to find with lots of close by parking and in a beautiful area. The aquarium itself is on several levels and has a good selection of large sea animals. Very interactive for smaller children. A bit pricey at $25 compared to the area and the Cincinnati or Columbus Zoo where you can actually spend an entire day at those places. The other note that was a bit interesting was you have a timed ticket to enter so if you're driving from further away purchase your ticket prior to arriving as you may be disappointed if you don't. Overall a great way to spend a couple hours as a family.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed April 2, 2018

My wife and I visited the aquarium with three of our grandkids - we all had a great time and loved it. The web site advised getting the tickets early to avoid the lines - good advice.

Date of experience: April 2018