“Great Lunch at Mitchell's”

Mitchell's Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 112 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Mitchell's Fish Market is a premier upscale-casual seafood restaurant concept featuring the absolute freshest seafood. Mitchell's Newport has a raw bar, open kitchen, the fish case displaying Today's catch and customized cutting room and offers a variety of seafood options including grilled or broiled, blackened, cooked Shang Hai style or prepared to your taste. Mitchell's also offers a Gluten free menu.
Reviewed June 21, 2017

Hubby and I were there 6/11/17, took the weekend off to get away. We visited the aquarium in the morning, the restaurant was just outside in the shopping area. We got there about 2 pm, so it wasn't very busy, and we were seated quickly. Hubby wanted to order the shrimp cocktail (good but pricey) and we decided to split the fish and chips entree. They split it for us and brought it out on two plates, with plenty on each one. The breading on the fish was wonderful, I could've eaten his plate and mine, it was so good. Freshly made cole slaw was good, and the service was excellent. Very good lunch!!!

Reviewed June 20, 2017

The food was just average and we had extremely poor service. Our food was delivered by a 'runner', but our waiter was AWOL for the entire meal as we ate it. No drink refills, no ability to ask for lemon or other condiments we wanted on the meal. And it wasn't cheap.

Reviewed June 11, 2017

Very good selection of salads, fresh fish, and reasonable selection of steaks. Fish is well prepared. Options on most selections. Service was a bit off and slow. We ate early on a Friday and it was not busy. No reason for service to be slow. Our server never introduced himself, so I don't know his name. Servers in other restaurants we frequent will usually remove used/empty plates as they walk by, even if it's not their table. Not so here. Managers need to pay better attention to the waitstaff and step up everyone's game. Service was close to destroying the well prepared food.

Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

This place had amazing food. Great atmosphere. Quiet and upper class but not stuffy. Priced a bit high but not unreasonable considering. Location is cool.

Reviewed May 30, 2017

My parents and I stopped in for lunch after visiting the Newport Aquarium and we had a lovely meal. Our waitress, Courtney, gave me a great recommendation on having my Atlantic Salmon pan seared instead of broiled and it came with a side of mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables, it was fantastic! Both my parents had the fish and chips which they also really enjoyed. I liked that the lunch portions weren't too big, they really were just right! Courtney was very attentive and gave quick service. I also liked the atmosphere, it was relaxed but a little formal. I highly recommend to anyone that's in the area!