“Very good service and food”

Buckhead Mountain Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Buckhead Mountain Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 110 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed December 25, 2017

We went with friends who are vegetarians and everyone was very happy with their meals. Highlights included the fried green tomatoes, blue cheese cole slaw and complimentary bread. The prices are very reasonable, the view onto the Ohio River is fantastic, and the service was great!

Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

The Buckhead Mountain Grill in Newport, KY is a great place for a romantic dinner, a group celebration or just friends and family looking for a warm, comforting meal in a restaurant that reminds me of a quaint lodge.
The view of Cincinnati and specifically Mt. Adams is terrific. The fireplace crackles and the seating is comfy (not too many tables jammed together).
Our server, Justin was attentive and sweet. He made several recommendations for the table which were great. Drinks stayed full and Justin was attentive when he needed to be but not overly attentive.
The food was a mix of comfort food and bar food. Everything was delicious and portions were large. We enjoyed the special of the day which was chicken cordon bleu. It was cooked perfectly and melted in your mouth. The side of lobster Mac and cheese was creamy and had big chunks of lobster in it. We also had the cod dinner which was cooked perfectly and paired with tasty tarter sauce and blue cheese coleslaw. Everything was tasty, hot and comforting!
I recommend Buckhead for the warm, comforting atmosphere, food and service. Enjoy!

Reviewed December 6, 2017

Love this place! The food is yummy, service is usually pretty good. Parking can be an issue sometimes as it is shared with other restaurants.

Wes J, Owner at Buckhead Mountain Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Hello, thank you for the high praise! While we do apologize about the parking situation, we are thrilled to see we are your favorite place to eat. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 4, 2017

Food not so much. Ordered a BBQ, bacon, blue cheese medium burger with onion straws. Got a well done burger, could taste the bacon, BBQ, cheese not so much and had 3 onion straws on it. The blue cheese slaw was really just slaw. I like blue cheese and where they get theirs I'm not sure because I surely didn't taste any in my food.

There are a lot of $10 burger places around and this was the worst so far by far.

Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

This place has a terrific view of the river. My husband thought thought the complimentary rolls were too chewy but I enjoyed them. The honey cinnamon butter is a new twist. He ordered the roast beef. It came out loaded with gravy but I took a sample bite. That was delicious. The most tender meat. I want to go back and try the Kentucky hot brown.

Hi Judy, thank you for the kind words. While we do apologize your husband found the rolls to be too chewy, we are very happy to see you both enjoyed your experience with us overall. Thank you for stopping by and we hope to see you soon, especially to try our Kentucky hot brown!

Been to Buckhead Mountain Grill? Share your experiences!