“Lunch on the Ohio River”

Buckhead Mountain Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Buckhead Mountain Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 110 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Last Friday, we had lunch at the Buckead Mountain Grill after visiting the Newport Aquarium. They were very accommodating of our large group of 8 adults and 8 children, ages 9 mos to 11yrs. It's a bit of a hike from the aquarium, but a great way to work up an appetite! The waitress was awesome and recognized the need to order the children's food first and get that order placed quickly. The barge activity on the river was fun to watch and helped entertain the children (and adults). I would highly recommend this restaurant for families or couples. Extensive menu and open to substitutions or accommodations. Great Moose and Bison mounts!

Reviewed March 13, 2018

Their menu includes Cauliflower Faro Burger & blue cheese coleslaw, but these weren't available at the Newport location. All they offer for vegetarians is a portobello mushroom sandwich and a veggie plate, which consists of choosing 4 sides. It would be nice if they offered more than a mushroom sandwich, especially if you don't like mushrooms. The view was nice. Waitress was slow considering they weren't busy. We visited on a Sat afternoon around 4, so no waiting.

Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

Came on a Saturday afternoon around 4. By the time we left there was an 1 1/2 hr wait. They do call ahead. We did do that. Decir us lodge rustic with 2 huge fireplaces ♨️. They were not going. That would of made for a nice atmosphere. I had the Gluten Free grilled white fish with a baked potato. Fish was kind of bland. I prefer blackened. I asked for tartar sauce which helped it. The side salad had tomatoes, bacon bits, eggs, cheese, croutons. The only gluten free dressing option was 1000 island, oil & vinegar or balsamic. The rolls were good so I was told served with cinnamon butter. Total bill no alcohol for 3 was $70 with tip.
Handicapped ramps going up to the restaurant.
They do have a separate Gluten Free Menu. You will need to ask your server for it.

Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

We went here for my mom and dads anniversary. There were 13 of us. The service was great and we got our food out in a timely manner. Everyone loved the food. Will definitely go back again. And the kids loved the big buffalo on the wall also!!

Reviewed February 2, 2018

I was not expecting this type of decor in the Cincinnati area, but was pleasantly surprised. I walked in and felt I was in a bar in Wyoming - huge timbers, wooden canoe hanging from the ceiling, animal mounts on stone walls. Casual dining restaurant. A large selection of local draft beer available as well as others. Food was decent and well priced - had the ribeye steak and it was grilled perfect. Everything we had was very good, prices in the mid $20 range, definitely worth visiting if you like this stuff. I'll go back.