“The staff put on a real show!”

Cold Stone Creamery
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Newport
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed November 1, 2016

I've had their ice cream before but these guys took it to the next level with some fun showmanship I've never seen before. They were spinning and tossing ice cream! The kids had fun just watching them work.

Reviewed October 12, 2016

This is our absolute favorite place to get a treat to enjoy while walking around the levee. We love all of the different flavors and add-ins.

Reviewed September 16, 2016

Located right outside the AMC theater building, it is a great place to have some amazing ice creams.

We tried the Mud Pie Mojo and Creme Berry Brulee and both of them were awesome. I preferred Creme Berry Brulee compared to Mud Pie Mojo but that's just comparative. What I loved about the ice cream was also that it wasn't overly sweet - no mouthful of sugar. Flavors were good. The waffle cone was good too.

For cone/cup size, be sure if you're going for a large because it takes about two people to finish that. And ice-cream is a kind of thing that doesn't go well in large portions. And small means you can try more options.

Service was pretty good and quite fast - though there wasn't much of a rush. No problems there. Not much space to sit and eat there but plenty outside in the public area. Definitely one of the best places to go in Newport for desserts.

Reviewed August 8, 2016

5 stars for ice cream but 0 stars for customer service...I ordered 4 waffle bowl peanut butter cookie sundaes. The girl put 4 slabs of ice cream on the slabs for the next girl to mix. I watched her place two cake ice cream slabs and two peanut butter cookie slabs. I questioned the girl mixing the ice cream and she blatantly lied to me telling me they were all peanut butter when you could obviously see two slabs were tan and two were white. The other girl who placed the slabs knew she made a mistake but also lied to me and told me they were all peanut butter, but said to come back if they didn't taste right. At that point I wasn't going to raise a commotion and just went ahead with the purchase. My kids ate the cake batter and we ate the peanut butter, but customer service was abysmal with the lying. Customer was treated as a liar and not treated as being important. Sad employees are allowed to treat customers in this manner

Reviewed August 2, 2016

I'm not a cheapskate and affordability is not the issue here. It is just that the portion I got for $4.29 was too small. The fancified serving process does not make up for it. To boot, serving staff was less than enthusiastic. Maybe I just have a poor memory, but could have sworn I have received larger portions at other Coldstones. Could be wrong. Maybe it is standardized from franchise to franchise. The quality and taste of the ice cream is simply not that great and after the serving process is done the ice cream is already starting to melt. I'm sure others are good with it all, but for me I'll look for options. Average is probably a little high as a rating.

Been to Cold Stone Creamery? Share your experiences!